More Reasons To Party Lately?

Adore

"BLONDIE"
Sep 17, 2006
It was this year I've found there's all these reasons to party.. and it's not that I don't like it, but all of a sudden I know about all these reasons all at once that I never knew of before.

I never knew anyone did anything like go out and get trashed the day before Thanksgiving. Ever-- not until this year.

I never knew people actually partied for Halloween from the very first weekend of the month and even the weekend AFTER Halloween.

I never knew people got together with friends for Christmas parties all throughout December-- I always thought those were only family parties. Well they are kind of family-ish, but with friends of course and it's... a party, I don't know.

And whenever there's a Monday "holiday," everyone goes away and makes a big deal about it and has like the Friday of that weekend off for some reason and all this bull.

JUST THIS YEAR. And it's funny because I like to party and have fun-- like a lot of other people. But -just this year-, all those things listed. It's all new to me.

These things aren't new, right? Did anyone else feel like this past year there were more people and more reasons to party? I've been wanting to ask this for a while now and I finally am.

i'm guessing you're in your early 20s. :smile: (confirmed by your profile)

i feel that way as well...every time i turn around someone wants to "celebrate." for me, this year has turned into a crossroads of sorts. i really need to decide what kind of "grown up" i want to be.... i'm still putting it off. hopefully you have better luck than i do. but you're not alone. :smile:

I was never a big partier. Not even in college. My idea of fun does not include 10 cans of beer and a toilet. I'll never understand the fad of getting wasted. I don't see any benefit to it and I never will. Needless to say, I was very unpopular during my college years.

I didn't party at all until recently. I figured that this will be the time to do it as I'll settle down in a few years and I never did that in college at all.

To the OP: That was my same sentiment during my first year of college. But then again, there's always a reason to party during college... not that I mind, but I see myself growing out of it very quickly.

Oh my! :shame: I was a partier until a few yrs ago. Throwing them, going to them, finding a reason to have one/go to one. :lol: I still do a little partying but its much more calm now.

I used to party on each one of my friends bdays (mine too - that was the blowout of the whole yr), holidays and just for the hell of it :jammin: :party: :drinks: Open bar, the full monty! Now, well, it gets to a point where you have to calm it down. Maybe not for everybody but for me, yes. :supacool: Holidays? I come from a family that it seems partying is in their blood. :drinkup: Not out of control partys, but partying nontheless. :P Holidays are a big part of that. Now the parties are more of a family dinner THEN drinks and dancing.