More Pandas?!

This is a nice surprise :smile: I hadn't read this thread but was at the LV store here in Houston today --- and was just having a browse and wondered lol - what was a panda pouchette doing in the display case?? .. so I asked about it and was told they just put it in the case this morning and didn't expect it to last through the after noon. Lol guess not since I took it home!

I had never even seen once before, but thought it would be fun to have a limited piece and wasn't sure why they were available. Anyway it will be a nice item to take to hubby's Christmas party tonight :smile: -- any history of the Panda item would be appreciated, I wasn't buying LV when the design first came out - was it a year or so ago for initial release? and is this identical in colour to the original panda?

Seems like most of the posts on this are from a couple of weeks back, wonder why I saw this in the store today, has it been continuous or could mine have been a return? just wondering.

Vista

Attachments

• PandaPouchette.jpg
    PandaPouchette.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 49
Hi Vista...I think they had some more shipments come in. Info on the panda: Released in 2004 and was initially Japan only. It was created alongside the onionhead (of which there were very very limited pieces...jewelry case, scarf) and the LV legs and arms (again only limited pieces like the onionhead).
The panda came in several styles: pochette, cles, ronde, vavin, agenda & wallet.

I'm guessing around the same as cerises: $400?? I know when they came out earlier in the year here they were $350-ish...but that was before 3 price increases.

Thanks Twiggers :smile: Nice to know the background ! I'm excited to try it out tonight --

by the way, the Houston store said they only received 3 of the Pouchettes, I noticed one other tPFer got one of them, and they were received 2 weeks ago -- not sure why they just put mine out today .. I think its very cute and I like that the design is somewhat abstract -- I'm assuming its an animie art inspiration, just a guess?

HELLO FELLOW PFers! I thought I should seek all of your wisdom in reference to a recent accquisition at my local Louis Vuitton. My friend and I were visiting our regular LV botique the other day when we looked at a display and BAM:wtf: :wtf: A Panda Pochette was sitting inside a big LV box. We were both stunned, and we each bought one of the remaining pochettes. According to one of the SAs, they were recently shipped to their store, rather surprisingly. They didn't even have an explanation for them, they merely said they must have been left over in Japan and were just recently shipped to the States. How is this possible? I thought the line was incredibly limited, and the bag was released in 2004, almost 2 years ago! My friend and I are extremely happy about our new Pandas, but I'm baffled:confused1: by their availability. Has anyone else seen Pandas in their stores, or is it just the West coast? Just thought I would share my new LV story with all of you and see what ya'll had to say!:yes:
i think if news gets out,it will never make outta california..

Sooo...I'm still curious, how limited was this line?:shrugs: When they initially came out, I thought they were "sooo hard" to get, but now it seems like they're more common than I originally thought. Anyone know?:confused1:

well.. it was very exclusive.. because it was only released in japan. one country out of the entire world. and now the US is getting it's leftovers. so for instance.. if you have a cles or pochette, you'd have a bag as LE as the cerise or whatnot. however, if you have a vavin or ronde cles or billfold wallet or something else, THEN you know you've got a gem in your possession! :nuts: