More on the "Black Spot" on Edith

ET, if your s/a is usually accommodating, he/she is not being so now. Why not just get your bank involved if you used a CC and dispute the charge. Sometimes the mere mention of informing a retailer you are going to let your bank handle it is jolting enough and bam - you're accommodated satisfactorily.

Waiting until August while they still have your money is unsatisfactory. What if you decide you no longer want Edith by then? And as others have said, there are other avenues to purchase this bag right now as I type this.

I have been that angry, aggressive customer on occassion when I feel customer service is sub-standard and the polite approach isn't getting me anywhere. C'mon, this is a forum of educated, talented, successful women. Let's not forget that and settle for less than we deserve! :biggrin:

PMSing Roey signing off...

Thanks to everyone for your support! I hate to return Edith, but now I may have to just on principle. Cougess, maybe if enough of us stop buying from RH and let them know it's because of their dreadful "no return" policy (which, by the way, no one informed me about before I placed my phone order...I learned of it here) then maybe they will change the policy. Doubtful, but you never know. I know I could get a lovely Edith here.

I know the SA was probably joking, and maybe they intend to make things right on Friday when I call, but I think Edith may just have to go back and I should insist on my money back. Contacting the bank is a good idea. I am not waiting until August.

OMG. it makes me sooo mad to hear that. Return it and never do any business with them. Is this a large chain store? if so contact the district manager or anyone in a suprior position to your sa. hopefully you can find another one. good luck. there are still several new ones available for forum members.

You should let her know you posted about this in a forum and that the response was to not shop at RH! I will be in LA next week and will not shop there because of what you have gone through.

You should return the bag. The store manager is pretty "hooked up" to the higher-ups in the comparny. It seems reasonable that you should expect a credit card refund in this case (defective merchandise).

Hate to say this because its very unlike me to buy an imperfect bag...BUT...... When I was at Saks..I had 5 Ediths in front of me...3 Chamois...2 whiskey...they all had weird marks on the,YES,including my Chamois...........I think its part of the leather actually...But I bought mine anyway!

FYI - there's someone on TFS that just posted about unloading an Edith - she even posted photo's - I guess she ordered from two places and so she ended up with two Ediths.
I say purchase her spare and send the one you have back to the store - they shouldn't get you money if the bag is damaged or defective in anyway! (and they're not willing to replace it pronto!)

Okay...I finally spoke to my SA and they have offered me a discount on the bag OR I can send it back for a refund, and are NOT happy that Chloe sent the bag out this way. They told me to take the weekend to decide what I want to do. I don't know...I may just send her back. But restored my faith in RH, anyway!

ETenebris said:
Okay...I finally spoke to my SA and they have offered me a discount on the bag OR I can send it back for a refund, and are NOT happy that Chloe sent the bag out this way. They told me to take the weekend to decide what I want to do. I don't know...I may just send her back. But restored my faith in RH, anyway!

So happy to hear!

Hi ET. I took a 10% discount for my Noir Paddington which had a few big scratches on the back of the lock. But it was the back and I knew the hardware was eventually going to scratch anyway, so the $155 savings was nice. But the Edith is not going to eventually develop a big black spot on the handle, so my opinion is return it for a refund and find a perfect Edith elsewhere. :biggrin:

Well, at least they're not wasting your time trying to be "funny" anymore. I think as much as it pains you, I'd take the refund too. You'll eventually be able to locate another one (even though it might be a little work) and that mark really isn't going to be able to be fixed. For something smaller, the discount would be worth it, but not for something that obvious.

style101 said:
Well, at least they're not wasting your time trying to be "funny" anymore. I think as much as it pains you, I'd take the refund too. You'll eventually be able to locate another one (even though it might be a little work) and that mark really isn't going to be able to be fixed. For something smaller, the discount would be worth it, but not for something that obvious.

Actually there WAS another comment made (I believe about covering it with a ribbon or scarf?) but I just ignored it. But at least I have options now. I will sleep on it, then decide.

Reactions: Sanguar