More News!! Some good, some really bad.

Gosh, Missy, I'd be so torn up, too. It's obvious from your posts that you think the world of your dad. Waiting might be the hardest part. I hope it helps to know so many people here and in your church are praying for you and him.

How old is your dad? Has he been relatively healthy up to now? What were the symptoms that led to finding out about the tumors? I guess I bombarded you with questions, but I come from a family that has had a lot of cancer, some treated successfully, so I'm always interested in learning more.

Prayers and best wishes to you and your family.

He's been EXCEPTIONALLY healthy up till now. He's 57. He's got blurred vison in his left eye,his left arm is completely useless and he has some pain around his ribs.

Yeah, I do think the world of him. He's my Daddy. He called my brother finally tonight (bro lives 4 hours away) and told him and they were both crying when they hung up.

My friends, Isaac, everyone's been great. This is really hard for me to swallow. It's hard to believe it's my Dad this is all happeneing to.

On a higher note, Isaac and I, and a bunch of other peeps are going out again tomorrow night. And then me, Isaac and the ever present Andrew are going out Sunday afternoon.

Dear Missy,
I am praying for you and your family. Your love for your Dad will help him. I know it is hard for you but you are surrounded by friends and family who are there for you and Issac sounds like he is going to be your rock......
Please try to stay positive. My best friend has had breast cancer twice and the second time, things were really bad and the doctors kind of gave her no hope. One doctor even told her to go home and get her affairs in order..... So here she is 2 years later cancer free. She has always had a positive attitude through everything and her old doctors (are amazed, shocked) that she is still here and cancer free, they are not her doctors anymore. It sounds like your Dad will have the best care. If it is cancer so many things can be done now, so do not think the worst.
I am happy to hear you are getting out and have Issac and other friends to kind of distract you for a few hours.
Please take care of yourself.
Hugs.