more more more sub-forums!

If we have more forums for these bags, I feel like there will be less and less feedback on those already. Ie. the burberry forum, I remember a lot more posts and opinions when in handbags and purses, but at the most I see 3 people viewing it at the time. but when other brands are in the handbags and purses forum, a lot more people enjoy the thread.

Swanky is right. Vlad and I pay attention to everything going on here- we want the place to still feel intimate as some have mentioned but also do not want it cluttered.

This is why we look to see trends- if we have a bunch of new posts every day on specific brands etc, we will consider making them into a sub forum. Also we have toyed with the idea of making a sub forum that has specific brands but they do not have their own sub forum because there is not enough talk about them to keep them by themselves.

All in all- we want the best of both worlds are try hard to reach both points. :yes:

Thanks Megs:yes:

Of course, i totally understand, and i also completely respect everything you guys do.:yes:

It's just i've seen several new people post up questions of authenticity about brands that don't have a sub-forum (Mulberry, Botkier etc) because they don't know exactly where to put it.;)

The idea of a sub-forum for a few brands sounds sublime to me...but of course, i have every faith in what you all do, and what you do (or don't!!) decide to do.:yes: :heart:

I definitely think that more designer sub forums would be a good idea. :yes:

As a Botkier enthusiast and relatively new member I too have found it very much lacking that there isn't a sub forum for this designer. :crybaby:

In my opinion sub forums is the best way to ensure that the people who have accumulated knowledge will actually be aware of, read and reply to new postings on the topic. The mere existence of a sub-forum would surely add to the interest of participating in discussions of the designer in question. :drool:

The 'Handbags and Purses' forum which I understand is meant for the designers that do not have a separate forum seems very cluttered to me. :confused1: Also I don't feel confident that members in the know actually are aware of new threads the way the threads are currently (not) organized.

I for one have had a lot of questions to ask, but have refrained from asking, as I was unsure where to post.. Now I've done a lot of grunt work myself and would love to share..! :smile:

A sub forum for each designer (of a certain minimum of popularity- like Botkier) would ensure an orderly collection of the threads.

... Or have I completely missed the point..?! :shrugs:

trust me, we pay CLOSE attention to the Forums that get very little traffic and the designers that seem to need their own.
But it a LOT more involved than just plopping down some new Forums. . . .
we need more Moderators when we have more Forums, it takes Vlad time to set up the new Forums, etc. . .
We really do pay close attention to what is needed and what is not. . .
patience young Jedis;)

Maybe I'm the only one who feels that there are too many subforums already and adding to it would be a bit redundant.

The downside that I can think of is that adding more subforums is going to split up the forum and the members won't be as close. I like the intimate feeling we have here. I know I haven't browsed much of the other subforums aside from LV and Chanel since they were created.

I posted this in an LV thread but if you don't want to scroll through everything in the general thread, you can always use the search feature (and then advance search if you want to get down to the very specifics)

search.jpg
YOUR NOT ALONE! I AGREE! I think the Dooeney & Bourke forums were a mistake and I really hope the mods can covert it back into the handbags & purses part. Alot of people liked discussing all these brands with eachother and I feel it's going to be more work for mods!

YOUR NOT ALONE! I AGREE! I think the Dooeney & Bourke forums were a mistake and I really hope the mods can covert it back into the handbags & purses part. Alot of people liked discussing all these brands with eachother and I feel it's going to be more work for mods!

I will monitor how busy/active the new forums will be, if they fail to perform, I will remove them again.

I'm not exactly sure why you have such a strong opposition to Dooney & Bourke, but since Vlad already made it a forum I think you can just get used to it. In the end Vlad & Megs know what would or wouldn't work for PF and we should respect their decisions. If you don't like a subforum then just don't go visit it.

May I ask if this is the real reason you want the Dooney subform back in the handbags and purses section?

I'm not exactly sure why you have such a strong opposition to Dooney & Bourke, but since Vlad already made it a forum I think you can just get used to it. In the end Vlad & Megs know what would or wouldn't work for PF and we should respect their decisions. If you don't like a subforum then just don't go visit it.

Im not opposing anything, I am simply making an opinion. I do respect Vlad & Megs decisions very much I just dont think it is nessacary to have all these subforums.

^ I do agree that we don't want to overdo it with the subforums, but calling out a specific subforum as being unnecessary just steps on people's toes and hurts feelings, etc. Subforums are created based on demand/needs so once one is established why cry over spilled milk?

^ I do agree that we don't want to overdo it with the subforums, but calling out a specific subforum as being unnecessary just steps on people's toes and hurts feelings, etc. Subforums are created based on demand/needs so once one is established why cry over spilled milk?

Agreed 100%! :yes: Giving a certain bag it's own subforum removes a lot of the posters that are constantly putting a bag designer down. Many in the Handbags and Purses forum have bashed a certain designer (like Dooney), making it less likely for other posters to comfortably discuss a favorite designer of theirs. Now, with the addition of the Dooney subforum, Dooney lovers have a place to go to post and not have to worry about retaliation from certain bag bashers.

The Dooney subforums were most definitely not a mistake. I'm confused as to why you wouldn't even let it have a chance to expand, and am confused as to why you so vehemently oppose it. Give it a chance! There were also a lot of people that did not like discussing Dooney with each other in the Handbags and Purses forum because of the constant Dooney bashing that occurs. Now Dooney lovers have a place to go to discuss things with other Dooney lovers without fear of getting "bashed". I would think this would be more appealing to the Dooney bashers because now they wouldn't have to be bothered by seeing Dooney specific posts anymore.