More like a Cheetah or a Bear?

Zealous

Jan 8, 2012
More like a Cheetah or a Bear???

Hi, all! Okay, I know my question is all kinds of silly, but I am curious...
When you purchase bags, are you more likely to know what you want & go hunting for it
OR do you just go look & buy if you find something you like?

In most cases, I just head out not looking for anything in particular.
If something catches me, then I'll decide if I love & 'need' it. :graucho:

Thanks!

Hi~ great question~~~
I am one who goes to look for nothing and always ends up with something!!! LOL
If I do go with my mind set on one certain bag, I end up getting a different bag. I see the first bag IRL and don't like it as much as I thought, so I end up buying a different one.

Lynne

I most usually am on the hunt for something specific, although a vast majority of my purchases are ordered sight unseen because my boutique doesn't get the bags I typically covet.

On occasion though, I go in thinking I want one particular bag, and end up falling in love with another.

oh ummm, which one is which...i'm guessing the bear just grabs first asks questions later?

that's me!

sometimes i've got a specific thing on my mind, but even then i often end up with something totally unplanned instead :smile:

I depends if I'm going to the FP store or the outlet. When I go to the FP store I usually know what I want from looking online. When I go to the outlet I don't have anything particular in mind, I just to see what strikes my fancy.

Thanks for your responses! They made me smile. I'm always wondering if I should 'pre-shop'. Having an item in mind sounds efficient, unlike myself feeling like a pinball bouncing around a store trying to see/compare everything. I agree that you've got to see what's available when going to an outlet.

Good question! Usually, I know what I am looking for because I am ALWAYS window shopping online. If I am going to an outlet, or some place like Dillards, then it's more of a treasure hunt. :smile: I never know what I am going to find!

I'm a bit of both, I guess. I normally go to the outlets with a specific bag in mind, but there have been times where I've come out with something other than what I was looking for. I love finding unexpected surprises in the outlet.

I often have a specific idea in mind, like a particular color or size, and then I am almost always disappointed when I can't find it. Like right now, I want both a baby pink and a lipstick red bag but I can't find any. I have ended up making clothes because I couldn't find exactly what I wanted in the store, but I can't make my own purse!
I do much better when I just go looking to see what is available. It is more fun to be surprised by styles I never thought of.

I'm a bit of both. There are certain items that I'll stalk all the way from the preview thread to the outlet (such as last year's Devin shoulder bag and the Summer 2010 Pierre Le-Tan stuffs), but many of my favorite bags have been unexpected outlet or department store finds.