More is better????or "torn between two SA's in one H store

prettychic

toute suite
O.G.
Oct 5, 2010
:shrugs::shrugs::shrugs:Do any of you have a relationship with two SA at your boutique? I recently purchased some items from my SA's substitute while my regular SA was on vacation. He was just as helpful as my regular SA and now I am torn as they both have completely different things , (of course), things "on order" from me and seemed to not be aware of this. I don't feel it is my job or role to explain this, yet, I'm uncomfortable walking into the store and having both offer to assist me. The substitute re-assured me that all the SA work together and when the first one phoned about an order arriving and I mentioned what I bought while they were away, that SA seemed very surprised and almost in "shock". (made me feel I cheated on them)Is the etiquette to not buy until your SA returns from any vacations? That seems nuts to me. However, I felt real awkward when she called and mentioned some other items didn't arrive yet. The substitute SA kept assuring me it was ok to buy from both of them, even better, yet seemed not to have communicated with my regular SA about my shopping and buying from him.Any stories or advice would be appreciated.
This is now very awkward and uncomfortable as I truly like both SA's.

sorry, i can't answer that for you. :shrugs:

it's like asking if one can have two wives/husbands and both are "good" in different ways. obviously, if you can pull off working with 2 SAs in the same store, more power to you!

perhaps others in tpf have different take on this than me. you may wish to hear from them.

good luck!

I personally would work with the SA that you feel is most accommodating to your needs.

Ask for the SA that you prefer when you go into the store or call. It is a business, not a marriage, and you are not stuck with any particular SA. You are the customer (something Hermes seems to forget at times), so you should do what makes you most comfortable IMHO. Best of luck to you :flowers:

In this day and age, I think it's ridiculous for any SA to assume that you only shop at one store.

I am surprised that the first SA would be shocked at such a natural occurrence - I hope she did not say anything out loud that made you feel guilty, you have nothing to be guilty about.

In my store, my SA is ok if I purchase something that she ordered/kept for me from someone else. The commission does go to her, even if she is not there cos she's on vacation or sick leave. It also helps, though, that the other SAs in the store know that I always work with my SA (and work with her exclusively) so they know to keep her updated if I see things I want when she's not around.

If you are feeling awkward with the first SA now because of what has happened, then I think it would be time to stop shopping with that SA. Go with the one you feel most comfortable with.

Ranag: I love you!! That is what I was hoping to hear.

LOL! :hugs:

I think shopping should be fun, so I prefer to work with people in stores who help make it that way ;) I used to work with a particular SA, and I got treated like dirt. I now only shop with people who make it enjoyable.

I have a primary relationship with one SA (whom I adore) and I always ask for her first. If she is off or on vacation, the other associates are always willing to help me out. She has never made me feel as if I have cheated or anything. In fact, I recently visited another Hermes (in another city) and called my SA. I asked her if it would help her for me to wait and have her send for anything interesting I might find while on my trip. She was so gracious about it...she reminded me how hard it can be sometimes to find special items and she told me not to worry..to grab it!
It seems as if everybody in my local Hermes respects each other's customers and work together. I honestly adore each one of them. They are very professional.

sorry, i can't answer that for you. :shrugs:

it's like asking if one can have two wives/husbands and both are "good" in different ways. obviously, if you can pull off working with 2 SAs in the same store, more power to you!

perhaps others in tpf have different take on this than me. you may wish to hear from them.

good luck!

just saw this reply, hanyeu, thanks!!! You gave a very good answer/analogy:ty::ps:

I have a primary relationship with one SA (whom I adore) and I always ask for her first. If she is out of town or on vacation, the other associates are always willing to help me out. She has never made me feel as if I have cheated or anything. In fact, I recently visited another Hermes (in another city) and called my SA. I asked her if it would help her for me to wait and have her send for anything interesting I might find while on my trip. She was so gracious about it...she reminded me how hard it can be sometimes to find special items and she told me not to worry..to grab it!
It seems as if everybody in my local shop respects each other's customers and work together. I honestly adore each one of them.
Thanks for the feedback texasgirliegirl!!!
Sounds like you have a perfect SA, that to me is a very professional attitude on behalf of the SA that you have...Keep her!!!
icon14.gif

In this day and age, I think it's ridiculous for any SA to assume that you only shop at one store.

I am surprised that the first SA would be shocked at such a natural occurrence - I hope she did not say anything out loud that made you feel guilty, you have nothing to be guilty about.

In my store, my SA is ok if I purchase something that she ordered/kept for me from someone else. The commission does go to her, even if she is not there cos she's on vacation or sick leave. It also helps, though, that the other SAs in the store know that I always work with my SA (and work with her exclusively) so they know to keep her updated if I see things I want when she's not around.

If you are feeling awkward with the first SA now because of what has happened, then I think it would be time to stop shopping with that SA. Go with the one you feel most comfortable with.
Pyrexia: You are another "voice of reason", I agree, thanks for helping me make a decision with what to do next....:sunshine:

As a shopper, I am quite eager to get hold of the items asap or when the items arrived. Its ridiculous to expect us to wait for the SA to return from leave when other SA could easily assist us. Who's to guarantee that the item will still be there and not sold to other customers?
I had 1 SA who advised me the birkin I requested has arrived and she would reserve it for me. When my fren went to pick it up for me a week later (since its an overseas store), the SA told us it was sold! Another SA sold it, but makes me wonder what her term of "reserved" means and what a waste of time!

LOL! :hugs:

I think shopping should be fun, so I prefer to work with people in stores who help make it that way ;) I used to work with a particular SA, and I got treated like dirt. I now only shop with people who make it enjoyable.
Ranag: my thoughts exactly!Power to the shopper!!!This was "meant to be" as the SA was not Ideal..she fell short of treatment on occasions ie. when other customers were in a hurry to "catch planes,trains,etc." She would make me wait for 30 minutes,after she already started working with me (like trying on boots, etc.) and interrupted my "Hermes shopping moment" on the grounds that the other shopper had to catch a plane. Yet, she never interrupted anyone else's sale for moi!!!! After you said she treated you like "dirt", that rang a bell...

As a shopper, I am quite eager to get hold of the items asap or when the items arrived. Its ridiculous to expect us to wait for the SA to return from leave when other SA could easily assist us. Who's to guarantee that the item will still be there and not sold to other customers?
I had 1 SA who advised me the birkin I requested has arrived and she would reserve it for me. When my fren went to pick it up for me a week later (since its an overseas store), the SA told us it was sold! Another SA sold it, but makes me wonder what her term of "reserved" means and what a waste of time!
Kewave: Exactly!!!!:hugs::tpfrox: