More foaches?

SophieChic

O.G.
Oct 6, 2011
I went to my local consignment store today and found 3 foaches for sale. I mentioned it to the sales person and she immediately pulled them off the racks.....they'd had no idea. The sales person told me that a girl that had brought in one of them swore up and down it was authenic and even gave them it's "dust bag" to prove it. The dust bag was paper thin with nothing printed on it. Last week I went to salvation army and found 3 out of 4 bags were fake. I also mentioned it to the sales person but they kept them up for sale. At least my consignment store took them down.

I went to my local consignment store today and found 3 foaches for sale. I mentioned it to the sales person and she immediately pulled them off the racks.....they'd had no idea. The sales person told me that a girl that had brought in one of them swore up and down it was authenic and even gave them it's "dust bag" to prove it. The dust bag was paper thin with nothing printed on it. Last week I went to salvation army and found 3 out of 4 bags were fake. I also mentioned it to the sales person but they kept them up for sale. At least my consignment store took them down.
Goodwill and the Salvation Army seem to ignore the law and get away with it. They never remove any counterfeits.

I think that most consignment stores would be a lot more receptive to take a fake bag off the rack than a good will/salvation army would because their reputation is on the line. Most good wills/salvation armys are staffed by volunteers and they probably don't have that much concern over the authenticity of the items they are selling since everything was donated.

I saw two horrible foach bags today at marshalls! They didn't actually say "coach" but one had a horrible kristin fold down clasp surrounded by fur and pleather! The other one was faux legacy stripes with cheesy gold trim! HORRIBLE!

Anyone who buys a non authentic purse deserves what they get for not doing the proper research. Most of those bags are so hideous I'm suprised folks think they are authentic. I see replicas at the goodwill here. I take a peek and keep on moving.

They should at least write "replica" or "fake" on the little tag if they are not going to remove them. I know it's wrong to sell them, but I know how stores and organizations like this are...they sell because they need money. But they could do a better job of informing the customer instead of ignoring it completely, ya know?

I'm not sure that I agree with the "they get what they deserve" policy. All the bags I saw at the consignment store had "coach" on the hardware...they all had creeds (incorrect ones but few people would know that). I am a person who does a ton of research on everything I'm interested in, but some people just want a purse and the purses that I saw today, any average person would think they are real. I think much more negative thoughts about the people who manufactured the foach......not the poor people who put them together, but the masterminds behind the industry. Its wrong and illegal besides. I think that the sellers of these bags should protect their customers........thats why when sellers are interested I try to show them how to authenticate.

I'm not sure that I agree with the "they get what they deserve" policy. All the bags I saw at the consignment store had "coach" on the hardware...they all had creeds (incorrect ones but few people would know that). I am a person who does a ton of research on everything I'm interested in, but some people just want a purse and the purses that I saw today, any average person would think they are real. I think much more negative thoughts about the people who manufactured the foach......not the poor people who put them together, but the masterminds behind the industry. Its wrong and illegal besides. I think that the sellers of these bags should protect their customers........thats why when sellers are interested I try to show them how to authenticate.

I agree with your agreeing! :biggrin:

I've seen fakes that looked legit to the untrained eye, and I've seen a few authentic Coach bags that were tacky and cheesy-looking, IMO.

I'm about to go to a consignment shop to see about consigning bags, because I'm too lazy for eBay or something, haha. I'm sad to read this! I'll have to police them while I'm there. :supacool:

BTW, I can't believe they get these at Marshall's - I read about that here the other day and I assumed they were returns. How do unique ugly Foaches get sold at Marshall's?????!

I saw a woman today with Coach shoes, which looked authentic, carrying a Foach. I don't know if she knew her bag was fake, or she only bought the authentic shoes because they are relatively cheap (you can get them on sale for $50 or $60). Do they even counterfeit the shoes?

They do fake coach shoes. When I was at the consignment store the sales person asked me to authenticate a pair of coach shoes.........I told her I couldn't....I don't know how. When I got home I looked up on the internet to see how to authenticate them and see if they were faked often. Turns out they are faked but it's more difficult to authenticate them....though of course someone who knew what they were doing could I'm sure.

I'm about to go to a consignment shop to see about consigning bags, because I'm too lazy for eBay or something, haha. I'm sad to read this! I'll have to police them while I'm there. :supacool:

BTW, I can't believe they get these at Marshall's - I read about that here the other day and I assumed they were returns. How do unique ugly Foaches get sold at Marshall's?????!

Years ago when I worked at Marshall's there was a woman who would buy Foaches, then buy the authentic ones at our Marshall's and the Marshall's in the next town, then switch the tags and return the Foaches a few days later with the tags from the real ones she bought to the opposite store. She got caught because someone bought one of the Foachs, knew it was a fake and contacted Coach and the chain fell down to our stores. The last time she came in the cashier kept her busy while management called the police and she was arrested.

I went into a flea market type place a couple of weeks ago and they had foaches chained up so no one could steal them!!!! I could see that they were fake but maybe most would not?

Anyone who buys a non authentic purse deserves what they get for not doing the proper research. Most of those bags are so hideous I'm suprised folks think they are authentic. I see replicas at the goodwill here. I take a peek and keep on moving.

I disagree most people are not purse junkies and have not spent as much time as most of us TPFers have inspecting every square inch of a particular brand of handbag. While those of us who know the brand very well would know what the tell tale signs of a fake coach bag the average person would not. I"m also going to go out on a limb and guess the average good will patron is going to go out and spend the time trying to get a item they are buying authenticated because if you snooze you lose.