Moral dilemma

Animalove

Jan 19, 2014
Hi ladies,

I'm pretty new here but I thought this would be the perfect place to get advice. I'm in the middle of an emotional crisis!

I've been searching for these mcqueen heels forever. I've found them before, but for ridiculous sums of money (there's a pair right now on eBay for $4500!)

I just stumbled upon these on eBay for $100 and I got super excited but there are three caveats. They are a size 39 and I'm a 38. The heel one one is broken, though I'm confident my shoe place could fix it. And I just bought a pair of dior's which are kinda in the same vein.

The dior's
https://www.therealreal.com/products/women/shoes/sandals/christian-dior-sandals-338

The mcqueens
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alexander-M...87434?pt=US_Women_s_Shoes&hash=item19ee299eca

I know I shouldn't get them but I'm so tempted!! What would u guys do?

$4500? For that or MUCH less, could you go to a shoe craftsman and just get some custom made by hand? Or is getting this original shoe like discovering a Picasso in your attic?

$4500? For that or MUCH less, could you go to a shoe craftsman and just get some custom made by hand? Or is getting this original shoe like discovering a Picasso in your attic?

I didn't mean this to be snarky, but in retrospect it may have appeared that way. I love beautiful shoes and know what it's like to search for the perfect pair.

I understand how it feels to be looking for you dream pair. However if they're ill fitting, they are just gonna sit in you closet. I'll wait around. Good things happen to those who wait. And when the perfect pair shows up, you'll have soooo much more satisfaction!

I know! I think the eBay seller is overly ambitious! But some of the price increase may have to do with the fact that these shoes are from one of mcqueen's last collections before he passed away.