Montsouris GM

Kitty157

May 15, 2015
Hi- does anyone know what year the montsouris GM was discontinued? I know LV will still do repairs, but I am just wondering if I should do it now (replace the bottom vachetta) before they stop doing repairs on this item because it's been discontinued for over 10 years.

fabuleux

STAND UP
Aug 3, 2014
Hi- does anyone know what year the montsouris GM was discontinued? I know LV will still do repairs, but I am just wondering if I should do it now (replace the bottom vachetta) before they stop doing repairs on this item because it's been discontinued for over 10 years.
I have never heard about this ten year rule. That's surprising.

Kitty157

May 15, 2015
My SA told me that LV will be able to do most repairs 10 years after discontinuing- she told me not to change the handle on my Thames yet (it wasn't that bad) but if it gets worse I have up to 10 years from date of discontinuation. Apparently they store parts for discontinued items up to ten years, so getting a repair is most likely- after 10 years if they have the parts still they will repair it.
If the backpack was discontinued in 2010 let's say, I would feel confident in putting off the repair based on what she told me. It gives me a few years to continue using the backpack before getting it revamped.
So my assumption is after 10 years LV may decide not to carry the part anymore (my luck ;) and then I am stuck.

Reactions: Loveppamx