MontorGueil Vs. Speedy

Keep the speedy, girl! I have the 25 and I find that the Monty is not redundant whatsoever.. I realize you said you have the 30, but even so I think that they are different enough to justify having both. The ability to carry it on the shoulder is a huge plus for me.. and in comparison to the Speedy, I feel that the Monty is easier to get in and out of.. the zipper is much more generous, it opens much wider than the Speedy because the length of the zipper.. I love my Speedy, don't get me wrong, but the Monty is just wonderful.. the only downside (of both bags, actually) is that pesky little pocket on the inside.. if you fill it too much, it causes sagging at the top.. I wish there were better interior pockets!

anyway.. I'm in college myself, but I saved up to be able to buy both the Speedy 25 and the Monty (of course there was a 2 year period in between purchases!)

I say go for the Monty and keep the Speedy because both are versatile and practical!

I saw the bags this weekend and I think that the pm is almost like a speedy 30. The gm looks huge to me. Both pretty, just depends how much you carry. Sell the speedy, you can always buy it again!!!

oh my...~! thanks SO much for all your advices!!! :nuts: seriously... u guys really helped me out a LOT~!!! and such thoughtful advices too!! :yes:

please keep the opinions coming, if u please.. :tup:

on a side note, i think i'm gonna drop by the Vuitton residence this weekend, and check it out IRL! :yahoo:

I have both and the Monty PM is very comfortable, but I wore my Speedy today, and it is more classic and beautiful IMO. I, too, have the "grass is greener" thing going on and still always go back to my Speedy. For fall, they are showing the Speedy with a strap and several people have told me (in another brand boutique) that the strap is the latest accessory! I would invest in the strap for the Speedy (I use mine occasionally) to use when you need a shoulder bag. I know not everyone likes the look, but I remember the days when that's the way they were worn, and I think it looks great either way. The SA told me that you just let the strap dangle from the bag when hand-held - that that's the new look!

speedy with a strap!??! really?????:nuts: where would u attach the straps tho? :hrmm:

If you search the forum there is a lot of discussion about this as well as pictures (Speedy with a strap?)- sorry I cannot remember where. You attach it to the hardware that holds the handles on either side. On the new Speedy, I think they made holders on either end which is probably better, but this way also works in a pinch and comes in handy when you need to wear it on your shoulder.

Hey everyone!! i read a few more threads about the monty... and apparently it's kind of uncomfortable to wear because the straps are too short and u kind of have to 'scrunch' the top part of the bag? :confused1: that true, monty lovers?

I feel your pain...this is my exact dilemma! Speedy or Monty!
Ok not exact I don't have a Speedy yet..lol.

I'm tossing up between the 2, always thought I'd def get a Speedy but I really think the no over the shoulder bit would annoy me so much.
So learning towards the Monty PM at the moment.
And want to get one b4 the price increase, so have like a few days! AH!

Hey everyone!! i read a few more threads about the monty... and apparently it's kind of uncomfortable to wear because the straps are too short and u kind of have to 'scrunch' the top part of the bag? :confused1: that true, monty lovers?
From what I've seen it really depends on your size, are you petite or bigger?
Also if you are worried about the straps not being long enough def get the GM (as it's a bit bigger). :smile: