Montorgueil GM - not loving it :(

monablu

Dream Catcher
Mar 25, 2006
Ok so today finishes off my first week of my new Montorgueil GM and it's my first LV that I'm not really loving, and here is why:

- the zipper is really inconvenient to zip up and over so I've been carrying it around left open.

- while it's nice and roomy, the straps are a bit too thin to be a comfortable fit to carry around such a heavy amount of stuff. I know if I carry less, then it won't be so uncomfortable, but the fact that it IS roomy, I tend to throw in more stuff than is actually comfortable.

- the drop from the handle is a bit narrow, so I find that the zipper kind of smooshes up under my armpits, getting gross deodorant smudges, which causes me to carry it as a hand held, which in return is quite uncomfortable because of the thinner straps and the heaviness factor of packing in too much stuff. it's like a viscous self disciplined circle.

Ok so that's my first official I don't like LV post :sad:

Sorry to hear that you don't love your Monty! My best friend has the PM and I honestly don't think it looks that cute because it smooshes up too so it doesn't hold its shape well.

Maybe you can sell it on Ebay and get something else you like better?

I have the Monty GM and agree with everything you mentioned. The strap drop could be at least two inches longer (this is true of a lot of LV purses). I wish the GM zipper had two zipper pulls so that you could unzip from either side. And the strap width could be an inch wider for comfort.

However, I do like the Monty GM even though I didn't like it when it first came out. The Monty is sort of like a pumped-up Speedy with longer straps!

Sorry to hear you're not loving her :sad:
Ok so today finishes off my first week of my new Montorgueil GM and it's my first LV that I'm not really loving, and here is why:

- the zipper is really inconvenient to zip up and over so I've been carrying it around left open.

- while it's nice and roomy, the straps are a bit too thin to be a comfortable fit to carry around such a heavy amount of stuff. I know if I carry less, then it won't be so uncomfortable, but the fact that it IS roomy, I tend to throw in more stuff than is actually comfortable.

- the drop from the handle is a bit narrow, so I find that the zipper kind of smooshes up under my armpits, getting gross deodorant smudges, which causes me to carry it as a hand held, which in return is quite uncomfortable because of the thinner straps and the heaviness factor of packing in too much stuff. it's like a viscous self disciplined circle.

Ok so that's my first official I don't like LV post :sad:

it was a gift so I can't really sell it :sad:
^^^
OOoooooo yes you can sell it. ;)
If they ask, tell them why.... as they spent a lot of $$$ on it... to make you happy...but you are not...hence sell it for something that you LOVE.

Besides, if they ask... tell them that it will be just sitting in your closet collecting dust, and you should find it a good home for someone else to love.

Sell it and SHOP!!!!:tup:

Sorry to hear about your Monty GM. I had similar problems with my Monty PM and sold her. Try the Galliera. It's my favorite bag and so comfortable to carry!

awww bummer...I love my monty pm...i have a base shaper (neverfull mm sized) in it and it fits perfectly under my arm...that's a bummer as it is such a cute bag.

hmmm!!!!! i hope i don't be having this complain on my monty gm w/c have not use yet. and i'm sorry that you are not liking yours after spending too much of money. maybe try to not to use her for a while and use diffrent bag, and hopefully the next time to use her, that loving feeling will come back:yes:;)

Sigh - alas - I have to agree with the OP.
I had the GM and I tried REEEALLY hard to love her. I really did. I took her on a test run one day and I was miserable.
The double-straps kept falling off (one did, anyway), and I thought "maybe it's just me."
I did sell her - lost a bit, but whatever.
Then I went out of town this past week with the family and was shocked to see three of them (!!!) in one night - they were all the PMs actually - and the only thing I could think of was "man...am I GLAD that I sold that bag!"

I feel so badly too because I know there are a ton of us ladies here that just love the Monty for their every day needs. Ah well - to each his/her own. It was not for me AT ALL. Not loving it, don't miss her....time to move on.

Are you seriously unable to sell her? Darn. Is the giver expecting you to wear her every day?

i did buy the GM....and sat in the box, in the paper bag....sat there for a month...(i got it at Saks)

then i exchanged it w/ Galliera PM!
that was the smartest move...!!!

i am so sorry hear that you're not loving it, i felt the same way and i just couldn't bring myself to LOVE this bag --- i didn't even use it and i felt this way!
isn't there any other alternative? you don't want the bag to sit in the closet forever... or do you think you can maybe love her in the future??!!!

Sorry to hear about your Monty GM. I had similar problems with my Monty PM and sold her. Try the Galliera. It's my favorite bag and so comfortable to carry!

yes, I loooove my gallieria GM. I am quite a collector so I will keep my monty, but am already setting my eyes on something else to fill the void! I never sell my LV's because when I was 18 I sold my speedy because it was out of style and regretted it sooo badly when I got older, so now I never sell any of them because of that very regret!