Montaigne MM vs Flandrin?

ilove2shop

O.G.
Jun 17, 2006
Please help me decide. I am thinking of a new purchase and both of these have qualities that I think I am looking for, but as we all know, sometimes we don't know what that is until after we get it home! My current LV is a Metis which I absolutely love the look of this bag - but at this point I am wanting something a little lighter to carry, maybe something easier to get things in and out of, and even more so - one that is easier to find things in. I seem to "lose" things inside my Metis for some reason. I don't really carry that much in my bag, so maybe that is why? I have tried for awhile to eliminate the pros and cons, but they are still equally appealing to me. If you have some thoughts, please share. Thank you ahead of time!

Monogram Montaigne !!!!! This bag is just gorgeous !!!! The interior is divine ! The Monogram Montaigne is one of the best monogram canvas bags LV has made in a long time . This is just my opinion of course . Its roomy and has both functions for shoulder carry and arm . The strap drapes nicely against the bag . Most of the straps LV has come out with do not look right on the bags . More of an afterthought. But not with the Montaigne . Its one of my favorite bags :smile: GL :smile:

Reactions: LuxMommy
I've owned both, and currently just have the Flandrin. LVOE both of them, and will get a Montaigne mm back in my collection someday. The Flandrin holds more, and the interior is deep, so if safety is a factor, your items are not as visible as they are in the Montaigne. The zippered pocket in the Flandrin will hold a zippy wallet if you turn it on end. No vachetta to worry about, and the handles are very comfortable ~ a bit squishy with the leather. And you don't have to worry about them falling into your bag.

The Montaigne is wonderful ~ lighter to carry than the Flandrin, but not as big. The zippered pocket is good for your phone and keys, but not much else. A great advantage with the mono version is that the strap attaches end to end, unlike the emp. version and the Flandrin, where it hooks at the handles, and twists a bit on the shoulder. But not much.

Honestly, either bag you pick is a winner. There is quite a price difference between the mono Montaigne and the Flandrin, and for the money, I think the Flandrin is underpriced for Vuitton. I wish it had brass feet. :sad: I think the Flandrin is a bit more dressy, but I use it as an every day bag, sweats and all~!

I've owned both, and currently just have the Flandrin. LVOE both of them, and will get a Montaigne mm back in my collection someday. The Flandrin holds more, and the interior is deep, so if safety is a factor, your items are not as visible as they are in the Montaigne. The zippered pocket in the Flandrin will hold a zippy wallet if you turn it on end. No vachetta to worry about, and the handles are very comfortable ~ a bit squishy with the leather. And you don't have to worry about them falling into your bag.

The Montaigne is wonderful ~ lighter to carry than the Flandrin, but not as big. The zippered pocket is good for your phone and keys, but not much else. A great advantage with the mono version is that the strap attaches end to end, unlike the emp. version and the Flandrin, where it hooks at the handles, and twists a bit on the shoulder. But not much.

Honestly, either bag you pick is a winner. There is quite a price difference between the mono Montaigne and the Flandrin, and for the money, I think the Flandrin is underpriced for Vuitton. I wish it had brass feet. :sad: I think the Flandrin is a bit more dressy, but I use it as an every day bag, sweats and all~!
The flandrin has feet now

Attachments

• IMG_6492.JPG
    IMG_6492.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 429
I would chose Flandrin if you don't want any vachetta. I love my Montaigne but the flandrin catches my eye whenever I see it - something about black (red is a beauty too) on mono is so beautiful.