Montaigne MM|BB in Noir or Pallas|BB?

Apr 24, 2014
Hi LV Family,
I've read through the entire clubhouse for Montaigne and Pallas and am still conflicted on which one I want for the BIG 4-0! Anyone have both and could give any incite on the pros and cons? I'm still trying which bag and in which size! I'm so conflicted. #firstworldproblems
Any advise would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

Are you looking at Mono or Empreinte? That would make a difference to me as far as what I would go with. Also, what colors? The reason I ask is that for me, I'm staying away from Vachetta. Some Pallas BB's have Vachetta and others don't depending upon the color. I have the Pallas in PM and love it. Mine do not have Vachetta. I like that they zip and have the magnetic pockets on the side. I have looked at the Montaigne, but never purchased it. It's an attractive bag. Have you looked at both and compared in person?

Reactions: centercitychic
I have both, Montaigne MM mono and Pallas BB noir. I really love both, they serve different purpose. Pallas is Wonderfull when you need to be hands free plus the outsides pockets are so practical for phones, metro cards ...
Tough choise but, to me, you can't go wrong !

I've got the Pallas BB (mono with black leather and treated brown handles). Love this bag because of the way it sits cross body. I do find it small but it does hold all my essentials. However, I can't stop wanting the Montaigne BB or MM!!! Love EVERYTHING about the classic style, especially in Monogram. It just sings to me!

Hands down the Montaigne gets my vote!!

Thanks so much for the incite! I was afraid I was on my own with this pick.
I really would like the empreinte montaigne bb- rose poudre (arriving today- I wanted to go to the boutique and compare them all, but i had to grab it since it was 'call of availability' for quite some time) my concern is that it will be heavy, as I have a bad back and feel like this might be the case.
I'd really like the Pallas in either size in rose ballerine, but it seems i've missed the boat on that one- so i'm opting for black since the choices are so limited right now. I wasn't aware that some of the handles had treated leather as opposed to the vachetta, i would definitely opt for the treated leather.
I have been heavy rotation with my NFs for the last couple of years, as I have a 5 and 2.5 year olds, so I wanted to finally get a bag just for my stuff! I'm hoping to get in to see all the bags, but wanted to know what to consider before I get there! thanks again!

Can I ask if the canvas pulls where it’s attached to the bag? I have an empriente speedy25 OM and if I put my things in it- it starts to pucker up at the attachment points!
Your Pallas is stunning[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]
No, There are 3 extra reinforced stitches on the bottom of the handles to help distribute the weight evenly. It really is a well made bag!!
image.jpg

Thanks so much for this info! I read that in the clubhouse and it made me hesitant so I’m glad you posted this! Thanks so much! So many choices

What did you end up getting? I was in the store today, my goal was to get the Pallas but I ended up with the Montaigne. I just looked better in me, it really make a difference if you try it on!

LVoe this bag! Was thinking about getting it..does the leather portion sag a lot? Any cons to the bag. Thanks! It was between this and the empreinte surene ....
It doesn’t sag a lot, just as much as you see in the picture. More like a relaxed look. Love her to death!!
I don’t have any cons. Canvas is nice and thick like the artsy but more comfortable and versatile. Looks great as a crossbody bag paired with the pm strap as well