MONTAIGNE EMPRIENTE OWNERS - COULD USE SOME INPUT PLZ

AmyM

Apr 23, 2019
I'm considering purchasing the Montaigne MM in TurtleDove Empreinte as it ticks the boxes of an everyday bag for me - top handle, shoulder strap, easy in and out, roomy. Does anyone own this bag and what do they find the pros/cons to be? Any experience of color transfer on this lighter shade? At $3500, I don't want to regret this purchase. (And a bit disappointed in LV bag styles overall - but need a new bag!)

daisy913

Apr 26, 2019
I have mm black empreinte. Depending on how much you usually carry, it's either the perfect size, or too small. I organize all my things in pouches. I can fit about 4 pouches of various sizes in my bag, along with my phone, wallet, and car keys (keychain is a mini stuffed animal). I usually put my wallet and phone in the zip compartment.

The bag is easy access when not clipped. When clipped, it's hard to grab things quickly. I usually leave it unclipped.

For me, I think empreinte is an easy-care leather. I just wipe it down with a damp washcloth every now and then. It's not as tough as epi, but it's also not as rigid, which is a plus for me.

The strap length is ok. I don't really like how the length makes it so that the bag's handles are near the armpits. I ended up requesting for the bb strap too.

Since my bag is black, I can't comment on color transfer. My guess is to treat it like any other light-colored leather piece.

As for my overall thoughts, I don't regret buying this bag. I wanted a bag that feels like a contemporary classic, and I still think my montaigne is that bag for me.

Have you considered any non-lv bags though?

Reactions: AmyM

Venessa84

Aug 20, 2013
The Garden State
I’ve had a Montaigne GM for over 4 years in iris and it’s a great bag. The bag is well made and a great work bag. My only con for the bag is I wish the long handle was longer to wear cross body but besides that I have no cons. I like the compartments of the bag for organization purposes. Mine has held its shape pretty well for a non structured bag. If you like it and it fits your requirements, I say go for it.

Reactions: AmyM

AmyM

Apr 23, 2019
(Have you considered any non-lv bags though)

I primarily just stick with Ferragamo, LV and Chanel, and the Montaigne seems like the best option for every day/different from what I have. I'm considering renting the bag if I can find it at any of the bag rental sites - you never really know if something works for you until you actually use it. The goal is not to add the next bag to my list of numerous luxury "mistakes" over the years. Thanks very much for your detailed comment!

Aahmee1

May 16, 2019
Hope this isn’t against the rules, but would you mind sharing a few of the legit bag rental sites you mentioned above? I am also thinking of buying the same bag in the beautiful turtledove, but also hesitant to make a big purchase that I may regret...