Montaigne BB or Pochette Metis

Montaigne BB or Pochette Metis

• Total voters

muchloveche

Feb 17, 2018
I purchased my Montaigne BB early this year and I am thinking of selling it to purchase the Pochette Metis either in reverse or the monogram.
But I am undecided as I also love the Montaigne BB because it is very versatile and classy, however I saw my friend bought the Pochette Metis reverse and it was beautiful in person, I tried it and i fell inlove with it too. I am torn between the two but I can only have one for now. I need your opinion pls help. Pls see photos attached for reference only, not my photos.

MB.png

PM.jpg

Reactions: Starbux32
I have the montaigne in empreinte and the PM in mono. I’d say they’re so different I kept both. I use the Montaigne for both formal (work) n casual. It’s open top is not so secure as thePM. But the PM is only for casual.Both are equally Functional. I don’t like reverse mono, it’s a very hard color to match.

My vote Pochette Metis ...Why?
1) completely closed...for security
2) Back wall pocket...for easy access ...cellphone ,mask,hand sanitizer
3) They way the handles are placed on the Montaigne ...the bag can become unbalanced when worn over the shoulder
4) The Pochette Metis inside is sectioned out ..I can located my items at one glance

My vote Pochette Metis ...Why?
1) completely closed...for security
2) Back wall pocket...for easy access ...cellphone ,mask,hand sanitizer
3) They way the handles are placed on the Montaigne ...the bag can become unbalanced when worn over the shoulder
4) The Pochette Metis inside is sectioned out ..I can located my items at one glance

If I may reply to that:
The Montaigne is sectioned as well, and the access is even easier. The placement of the handles, in my view, has no effect on the balance of the bag at all, but maybe you are referring to the Empreinte version, where the shoulder strap is attached to the handles, making the bag slightly turn when worn? That‘s not the case for the canvas version, though. As for security, it would certainly be easier to reach into the Montaigne, but it does have a (small) zippered middle compartment and also a clasp to make the opening smaller.

Personally, I wouldn‘t get another Pochette Metis. I had two, and both developped glazing problems and cracking canvas, one sooner, one later. On the bright side that means that I owned and used this bag for free over two years. But had the damage occured only one day after the legal warranty period LV wouldn‘t even have accepted the bag for repair. The Montaigne, on the other hand, is constructed in a way that no future issues are to be expected. And it‘s way less common, has a very timeless design and looks lovely, especially when handheld.

If I may reply to that:
The Montaigne is sectioned as well, and the access is even easier. The placement of the handles, in my view, has no effect on the balance of the bag at all, but maybe you are referring to the Empreinte version, where the shoulder strap is attached to the handles, making the bag slightly turn when worn? That‘s not the case for the canvas version, though. As for security, it would certainly be easier to reach into the Montaigne, but it does have a (small) zippered middle compartment and also a clasp to make the opening smaller.

Personally, I wouldn‘t get another Pochette Metis. I had two, and both developped glazing problems and cracking canvas, one sooner, one later. On the bright side that means that I owned and used this bag for free over two years. But had the damage occured only one day after the legal warranty period LV wouldn‘t even have accepted the bag for repair. Thewouldn‘t even have accepted the bag for repair., on the other hand, is constructed in a way that no future issues are to be expected. And it‘s way less common, has a very timeless design and looks lovely, especially when handheld.
I am so sorry to hear that LV wouldn‘t even have accepted the bag for repair...That must have been so disheartening..I am glad to hear you are enjoying your Montaigne ! Warmest Regards

Hi! Sorry for tagging onto this but which did you decide??? I’m hoping someone can help me!! I am so torn between these two bags I keep swapping them in my cart (when they come in stock every1-3 weeks!!)
So I own the Palm Springs mini, alma bb de, speedy 25 & a felicie (palm springs mini my absolute fav purchase!)
I love the Montaigne it’s beautiful but I worry it will annoy me crossbody