Monsac

Jessi319

champagne tastes
O.G.
Mar 20, 2011
I realize it isn't a high end designer line, but I have a couple of Monsac bags I really like a lot. I tried finding a website for their bags, and it says they aren't making any new bags anymore. Does anyone know why or what happened? It mentions another company making some things for them, but I think this is kind of unfortunate. They had some really nice things.

Reactions: DaisyDD
It didn't bother me at all that Monsac was not "high end", but at least 8 to 10 years ago they were sold at the high end department stores at a pretty high price for the time. The leather was absolutely beautiful, and I don't think I have seen a bag today that could make me say the same for it.

Oh yes. I went through a Monsac phase. Love the leather. Always got compliments. That must have been an OCD phase--matching wallets. I have thinned out my closet and these are what is left. The moc croc needs to go. Soon.

Attachments

• IMG_3279.JPG
    IMG_3279.JPG
    909 KB · Views: 8,426
Oh yes. I went through a Monsac phase. Love the leather. Always got compliments. That must have been an OCD phase--matching wallets. I have thinned out my closet and these are what is left. The moc croc needs to go. Soon.

These are gorgeous. Knowing that they are no longer being made, I think I'm going to hang onto mine.

I also wonder what happened too them? I was cleaning house and I found a monsac bag I bought a long time ago. It's such a classic shape and the leather still looks amazing. Unfortunately it's just too small for me to use with my day to day needs. I went online to see what they had because I wanted to get a bigger one of what I have and was SO disappointed that they are no longer in business.

I realize this post is 3 years old, but I just purchased my first Monsac off of Ebay (I had actually never heard of the brand, and I'm a handbag fanatic). And it just doesn't feel like leather, even though a tag inside states "Italian Leather". But it's made in China....
If I posted pics, could someone help me figure this out?

Thanks!
J

Monsac bags have a type of glossy finish to it but they are real italian leather. They were sold in Nordstroms and were pretty expensive back then. They were headquartered in New York once upon a time because I called their showroom which was at their headquarters. I don't know when they went out of business or even why because they were a trending bag years ago. They are one of the few brands that made good quality leather and italian leather is a great leather.

Reactions: RadhaDB
I was shopping a thrift store for Coach bags, and I had to have THIS. Says "Monsac Original." Never saw one before. Fell in love. The leather is so beautiful! View attachment 5088987
I was just pulling some bags from my closet and came across Monsac Original as well. I’ve never seen another while out.

Attachments

• 8929DB3F-6126-4DC6-B292-5FE4FF26E506.jpeg
    8929DB3F-6126-4DC6-B292-5FE4FF26E506.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: ConnieinSeattle