Monroe Piercing?

i think you should go for it! i'm getting one next month when i'm back in the states......i'm living in germany and i have no idea where to go here......i've had many piercings and i've even taken out a few....very minimal scaring! now, i'm 21 and married.....i don't care how other people feel about it.....my husband doesn't even want me to get it (and i'm not telling him that i'm doing it.....) you are only young once! live it up! and let us know if and when you do it!

I had a monroe for about a year. It looked cute and sexy but you WILL grow out of it one day and then you will have a small scar on your face.

I am still working on getting rid of mine.

I HAVE ONE!!!

But just as a warning... DO NOT DO NOT put it on you smile line... you will bleed SO bad b/c there is a major vein going through there. I put mine right under the smile line close to my lip

But will will have a little scar once you take it out

I took out my labret over a year ago and I've had it for so long that it STILL hasn't closed up so I wear it every once in a while!

monroe008.jpg
monroe004.jpg
Right below the smile line

This piercing seems to be VERY popular in my *ahem* neck of the woods (literally-middle of nowhere-another story). It seems that all of the highschool girls here do it. It looks cute, and I would get one, except I'm at the age now (22) where I have to worry about what happens when I get a job that wouldn't allow that.

Anyway, as long as your school/employer or whatever you do is cool with it, I'd say go for it. It's not the type of piercing that would remind me of punk or anything, actually I'd say it's sort of glam if you can rock it.

I had my Belly Button pierced and kept it in there for 7 years but had to take it out at 7 months pregnant. I don't have a scar, I have a HOLE!!! It closed only part way and so now I have a hole above my Belly Button. I am glad that I can cover it up. I don't think you'd want a permanent hole of scar on your face....

I've never had a monroe piercing, but I had one under my lip. I had it for around 2 years and I have taken it out 3 years ago. I now have a hole under my lip that will NOT close up! It does close up from the inside (inside your mouth), but there will still be a crater on the outside (on your skin).

It doesn't bother me much, but then again, I am not very vain. I do not look at myself in the mirror that much and it is under my lip, so the hole is *covered* by the shadow of my lips...

Please remember: yours would be above your lip and not be covered by shadow! It will look like a giant pore, about 1mm in diameter!!! It will not look nice and concealer will not cover it, as it will actually be a hole, not just a scar! At least that is how mine looks!

Not trying to scare you, please don't get offended! I am just trying to warn you.

Omg thanks for that info i REALLY wanted to that done but now since it doesn't close up I wouldn't:confused1:

I got it done 4 years ago and LOVED it. It didn't hurt that bad but I bled. It's not suitable for everyone. I think some people can pull it off really well. I had to take it out because of my job. Now i have a scar but it's not noticeable or bad. I will always remember that piercing :smile:

kaiie, please dont do it!!!! My friend had one done when she was your age, now she hates it, has since taken it out and there is a V nasty scar, eeek! Its just a phase, please dont get one done!!! xx

Monroe piercings are really cute on some people. I talk about Monroes and other fads in my blog: xxxxx you should come visit.

please don't advertise your blog here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Monroe piercings can be cute on some people however you really should think long and hard about it, When i was younger I had my eyebrow pierced.. It was only pierced for 2 weeks then I grew out of it and I still to this day have the scar!! Im so sorry I ever did it and its not at all like me now! Im just saying when you get older and maybe want to take it out you might have an ugly scar left on your face that your sorry you have!

I have a monroe. I've had it for 5 years. Never had a problem with it, never got infected or anything. It's really easy to take care of. However......

It will leave a slight mark when you take it out. I take mine out sometimes for days at a time and you can see the hole/dot where it is. The same thing with my labret (under my lip), there is always a mark there. It isn't really a hole because it has closed up on the other side, but I can tell where it was (I've had it out for years). It's not really visible to anyone else though.

The monroe looks really cute on some faces and really bad on others. I would do a non-permanent test run like the others have suggested.

Also, I don't have the monroe but I do have my labret done and i had absolutely no problems when I had it done or taking care of it after. I'm even a smoker and I had no problem. Although, I will say was very, very diligent about keeping the piercing clean and I actually kept a small bottle of listerine on me at ALL times.

Like others have said you will have a small hole forever. I took out my nose ring ages ago and I can still see where I had it done. But really, the hole is like infinitesimal so its whatever.