Monograms

1. #1 Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2012
    Hi everyone! was wondering what your thoughts were on monogram bags. I have a Batignolles, my first LV and thinking of selling. i feel at times it's a bit flashy monogrammed out. But it serves it's purpose. it's my workhorse bag. Thoughts?

ETA: Reminder that selling/buying/trading is NOT permitted on tPF.

2. If you are not comfortable with the design than by all means sell it and get something that speaks to you. I happen to really like the patina on the Vacchetta with the colors of the monogram canvas and how well it works with my wardrobe. Since I don't pay attention to what others may think or say about my choices as long as it doesn't impact them I am very comfortable with carrying monogram.

3. Double post?

4. yes double post. it's been awhile since I've posted on TPF.

5. yes oops

6. :tup:

7. For some strange reason, everytime I see a monogram, i think "fake" even if its real. :sad: The red glue that goes with it.. blah.. I just don't like it! :sad:

8. I think Bag H is so cute in monogram. If you sell it, I guarantee you will regret it. Happened to me. Monogram in canvas is such a functional and practical and beautiful classic LV.

9. I think they are great bags. You may regret selling it if its your work bag.

10. I love monogram and I don't find it flashy. Most of my LV's are mono and they are fantastic, durable & beautiful bags! If you are using it and enjoying it then keep it.

11. I agree with you. Monogram is beautiful and timeless.

12. Not to me.
    Most of the bags in my collection are in mono, and I don't think they are flashy at all.
    As LoVeinLA mentioned, it is classic LV :smile:

13. I love mono and don't think it is flashy, on the contrary. I think that a mono bag is appropriate for work, as well as for more casual styles.

14. I like the mono but it really depends on where you are carrying it. And, of course, whether or not you are comfortable with it. If not, let it go.

15. I love Monogram, most of my bags fall into this category. That is what attracted me to LV in the first place. Timeless design and so chic.