Monogramming?

Fun123

Jun 19, 2017
Hi guys,

I am interested in the cheetah print Dinky bag that I saw online.

38209_bplzo_a0

I would like to use the complimentary monogramming service, however, I noticed that if you add that on, the bag becomes non-refundable.

My problem is - I do not have a Coach store where I live so I cannot view/try the bag on in the flesh to make sure I am 100% happy with its size and colour. There are a bunch of concessions in 3 or so department stores around town that I know stock Coach, but they'll be very small and I have low hopes that they would have this very bag, which is why I was thinking of just saving me some time and buy it online. Besides, on the chance that I do find it in a department store, I highly doubt they offer monogramming.

So umm, what should I do? I am kind of scared of buying it monogrammed online just in case I don't like the size or colour, because I won't be able to send it back. :sad:

Also, I'm a little confused by the tag itself. When choosing a monogram style, it shows a black tag but the tag on this bag looks like it's a cheetah pattern. So will be bag come with a 2nd tag with the stamp, or am I getting the tag replaced to a black if I add monogramming?

Honestly, I'd skip the monogramming unless you can see the bag in person first. You really never know how you'll like something until you see and feel it. Happened to me so much when ordering online that I refuse to order purses online anymore. Also, most department stores don't carry the Dinky. Maybe some of the higher end ones do, but I know places like Macy's, Dillard's, etc do not. Not sure what types of stores you have in your area, but that's also something to think about.

Reactions: Fun123
Honestly, I'd skip the monogramming unless you can see the bag in person first. You really never know how you'll like something until you see and feel it. Happened to me so much when ordering online that I refuse to order purses online anymore. Also, most department stores don't carry the Dinky. Maybe some of the higher end ones do, but I know places like Macy's, Dillard's, etc do not. Not sure what types of stores you have in your area, but that's also something to think about.

Thank you for your reply. I live in England so we don't have Macy's or Dillard's here, but I know Fenwick's stocks Coach and I've spotted 2 Dinkies at Cruise (but not the one I'm after). I guess I'll have to really think about it. I might at the very least try on the other Dinkies to see how I feel about the size.

I think they just use a generic hangtag to show an example of the monogram. I asked about this when I ordered a Rogue (since it showed my monogram on a larger plain hangtag, and not the smaller metal topped hangtag that comes with a Rogue), and I was told the monogram would come on whatever hangtag the bag comes with.

I know you said you don't have a Coach store, but do you ever get the opportunity to visit one? I know I've been told by my SA that I can always bring back a previous purchase and have the hangtag (or bagcharm, fob, etc) sent to be monogrammed if I decide I want it monogramed later.

You could also call a store and see if they can order the bag, and have an additional hangtag monogrammed. I picked out a monogram, but wasn't sure I wanted the hangtag on my Rogue monogrammed, and when I mentioned that to my SA she ordered my bag from Coach without a monogram, and called the store they send monogram orders to (our store isn't big/busy enough to monogram in store, so they send them out to a larger store in state) and had them monogram an extra hangtag that would match my Rogue.

IMG_8466.JPG

Thank you for your reply. I live in England so we don't have Macy's or Dillard's here, but I know Fenwick's stocks Coach and I've spotted 2 Dinkies at Cruise (but not the one I'm after). I guess I'll have to really think about it. I might at the very least try on the other Dinkies to see how I feel about the size.
There is a coach store in Leeds

Reactions: Fun123
Hey there!

I would personally reach out to a Coach store that is in the U.K. that has the ability to monogram in store. They can ship the bag to you and personalize a complimentary hangtag with your initials. (Like the picture of he one featured above.) you still get to keep the hangtag the bag comes with as well as the complimentary one with your initials. :smile:

Thank you for your replies, everyone. It might be indeed worth it for me to call up the nearest store and see if I can get the bag sent to me with a complimentary monogrammed tag.

I went to the Coach concession in Fenwick's yesterday and as expected they had no Dinkies in.

It's a hassle, but why not order the bag without a monogram to see if you like it, return it, then re-order with the monogram?

That crossed my mind, but it just seemed like a lot of hassle. I guess it's always an option if asking for a complimentary tag doesn't work.

I ordered two Rogues this past yr, and in my excited frenzy I TOTALLY forgot to ask for the monogram. When it occurred to me to ask via email, they said they could do it anytime, just go to the store (if you're near one), or they will have it shipped to get monogrammed.

It's a hassle, but why not order the bag without a monogram to see if you like it, return it, then re-order with the monogram

Dropped in yesterday actually, and they made this for me within minutes! There were many emoji to choose, as well as hang tags: (my Rogue hangtag was patterned already)

I ordered two Rogues this past yr, and in my excited frenzy I TOTALLY forgot to ask for the monogram. When it occurred to me to ask via email, they said they could do it anytime, just go to the store (if you're near one), or they will have it shipped to get monogrammed.

Attachments

• IMG_20171013_095245.jpg
    IMG_20171013_095245.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 170
Reactions: sparkle1