Monogram vs Damier Ebene: Please help me decide between these two key holders?

miss_h

Jun 30, 2014
Hi LVoes,

I have a dilemma for you and if I could get any input it would be greatly appreciated.

So I'm trying to purchase the 6 key holder and I really want it in the monogram with the fuchsia lining that just came out. Problem is, it's really hard to get in my city as the two stores that carry it only have a display model which I do not want.

Thus, I have been trying to order one over the phone, but there have been issues with my shipping address as the associate told me that you must have the name of the homeowner on the shipping address (its my mothers house) and long story short I have been trying to order this since thursday on the phone and I keep being sent cancellation emails (its been a bad first phone experience).

The only reason I want this particular model is because I love the new lining and the pop of colour but all the hassle has got me thinking whether I should just get the Damier Ebene model which is highly available.

Damier Ebene 6 key holder:

-both of the two bags I own are Damier Ebene so it will match
-the lining of the holder is brown which may show less dirt since keys are unclean
-easy to purchase

Monogram with Fuchsia Lining 6 key holder:
-more visually appealing in my opinion
-its a new print for me that I don't have already
-extremely hard to get for me in my situation

Pictures of both models are attached, I took the monogram pictures from a reveal thread here on TPF and here is the credit:

xMsxPhantasyx from this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/reveal-monogram-6-key-holder-in-fuchsia-873347.html)

Sorry for a lengthy post, and I really appreciate any input!!!!

Attachments

• 20140629_123210.jpg
    20140629_123210.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,164
  • 20140629_040234.jpg
    20140629_040234.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,030
  • Cheap-Wholesale-Louis-Vuitton-Damier-Ebene-Canvas-4-Key-Holder-N62631-2167.jpg
    Cheap-Wholesale-Louis-Vuitton-Damier-Ebene-Canvas-4-Key-Holder-N62631-2167.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,317
Personally I like the monogram with fuschia interior and it sounds to me like you only want to get the DE because it's more available. I would wait and get the one you really love if you cannot find it anywhere right now.

I have had the DE keyholder for about a year and a half now. I LOVE it!! I use it numerous times a day due to my job and it is definitely my most used SLG! :smile: This is a really tough choice for you! The new Mono is stunning and I must admit that if I were in the market I would want that one, even though DE was my preferred patten. The only issue I can see with the Mono keyholder is the Fuchsia button on the front. Mine with daily use has definitely become scratched and some gold has worn off. It's not that distracting, but I see how it could be with the contrast with the fuchsia. Good luck deciding!

I think the DE is more classic but the mono is gorgeous, I like the pop of color inside. Wait for the one you really want, can you order it at the store? I don’t understand what the problem is with shipping, it doesn’t matter, just keep trying…

Thanks everyone for all the input. My boyfriend is buying it for me as an anniversary gift but since we are renting we don't want to have it shipped to where we live but rather my moms house where I can pick it up. But I gave them my name and my moms address and apparently that caused a flag to be raised with order management from what I was told. Do you think the fuschia interior lining will wear well? Also how about the fuschia button? Thank you again everyone !

Your SA isn't able to order it for you and you go pick it up? And how do they know who the homeowner of a delivery address is...?

It sounds to me like you're tired of all this trouble trying to order and you want to settle for the key holder in DE. Don't settle! Even if it's more work to get the one you want, ultimately you will be much happier with it.

I asked about ordering it to the store on the phone and they said they didn't ship to the store ! Its just so frustrating. I'm sure I'd like the damier ebene as well...

And I don't know how they would know the homeowner is but that is what the representative said he thought the issue was..

I asked about ordering it to the store on the phone and they said they didn't ship to the store ! Its just so frustrating. I'm sure I'd like the damier ebene as well...

And I don't know how they would know the homeowner is but that is what the representative said he thought the issue was..

You said you went to the store and they only had the display ones available right? Have you tried asking that store to order you a new one? I've read a lot of posts here about people doing that.

The 6 key holder is my favorite SLG. When I got it they just had regular monogram and damier ebene out, not the new ones with the colored interior. I personally prefer the damier ebene one to the monogram, but the new colored interiors are beautiful and put a whole new spin on it! I'm sure you'd like the damier ebene too as you've said, but it is so abundantly clear that you love the monogram/fuchsia one, and so I just don't see a reason to settle. I'm sure that it will be worth the wait and hassle even if it's not readily available right now.

Hey there, I've run into this issue when trying to phone order and ship to my office and I don't think the SA is explaining it well to you. It might not be that the homeowner's name must be on the shipping label, it's that the shipping address must match the billing address on the card used. Since you've admitted that the shipping address is your mother's house-the red flag stems from these phone order scams where people have ordered things over the phone with someone else's card unbeknownst to them.

I agree with pp in that you should hold out for the one you really want. Sorry they aren't letting you ship to the store, that's bizarre but they might just be leery at this point. Maybe have your boyfriend call and try to order for an in-store pick up using his card and let them know he'll show ID at pickup.