Monogram Shawl-to get or not to get??

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hey All,

Been thinking a lot about getting a monogram shawl in black or black Lurex. However, I'm not the wealthiest person in the world so I need some talking into or out of this purchase. I've been good this year and I'm frantically wanting something LV right now. Just like an addict, I don't care what it is-I just want SOMETHING. Haha jk. Nothing's really appealing to me lately and I have a budget of about $500. I've always wanted a shawl but somehow talked myself out of it....now, I'm not sure what to do.

Can you talk me into or out of buying a monogram shawl?

I've checked some other threads but didn't get too much help from them.

Thx much! ;)

2. If the shawl will have much use to you then I think it'snworth it. I too am thinking of getting the mono shawl and I'm sticking to the basic colours so I can use it with ANY outfit.

3. I have the monogram shawl in chocolate brown, and I think it's really worth the price. It's just so versatile - you can wear it with more casual outfits or even with dresses. I wore mine to my friend's wedding for example.

4. I personally love them and have 2 myself.. I'm thinking of getting the Poetic but still contemplating because it's coming up to summer where I am and I'd rather get something that I can use right now!

I used to think.. bleh.. square shawls??? :confused1: But since I've learnt how to fold them and use/wear them.. I can't get enough!!

If you use lots of scarves and shawls anyway.. it's a great addition to your wardrobe! I get many compliments with my pomme mono shawl!!

Good luck deciding and let us know which colour you pick! ;)

5. I love doth of mine and plan on getting a third, they are warm and very classy, If your iffy then save your money and wait for the right LV to purchase, They run 715.00.

6. I have the regular black monogram and love it. But I use mostly on special occasions.

7. I bought my black mono shawl earlier this year and I use it almost every day. :biggrin: I totally think it was worth the price. I'm planning to get one in cassis because I think it's so gorgeous color. I haven't had any issues with snagging or ripping either even though some people say the shawls aren't that durable.. :shrugs: But like others said I would go with some basic color so that you can wear it with many different outfits.

8. Get it! I love the shawls. I can't wear them because the wool is coarse but they're gorgeous.

9. Thx thus far for the opinions.

A little more info about myself: I don't wear scarves or shawls that much but considering I would be getting a versatile color (black) and it's LV, I bet i would use it a lot too.

How are these supposed to be cleaned?

10. bump