Monogram Rubis. anyone?

:boxing:I totally disagree with all you naysayers. And you're all judging based on the stupid tote -- has anyone seen the New Bucket Rubis? I did and once I had it on my shoulder they practically had to call Security to get it off.

Honeybeez, I pre-ordered the New Bucket and I recall it being about $2200. Yes, expensive but it's different. Anyway, if you like it get it. Life is too short.

And no, the tote does not look like a mutant neverfull in person.

^^^^^

Funny you posted this comment, Restricter....
I heard the same negativity regarding the Mirage before it came out....how it was too expensive for just a speedy, etc, etc...but when it actually came out, and people saw it IRL, they changed their minds.....I like the Rubis, I think once the patina sets in, like a deep honey color, it will look fabulous against the red !!!! I am looking for a tote similar to the now d/c'd Cabas Alto, and this is similar.....so I'm reserving all judgement until I see it in person. Not too crazy about the price, but we'll see.......

This bag actually has grown on me --- the red against the monogram brown really makes the bag pop! If this was a zippered tote, I would be seriously considering this bag --- it has a different look to it and I like that!

I did not get on the list as it did not make me swoon, but I am not opposed to it either. I think the red is kind of fun. I am going for the other cruise bags instead they are more my style and I am trying to diversify and get some non-mono items KWIM.

^^^^^

Funny you posted this comment, Restricter....
I heard the same negativity regarding the Mirage before it came out....how it was too expensive for just a speedy, etc, etc...but when it actually came out, and people saw it IRL, they changed their minds.....I like the Rubis, I think once the patina sets in, like a deep honey color, it will look fabulous against the red !!!! I am looking for a tote similar to the now d/c'd Cabas Alto, and this is similar.....so I'm reserving all judgement until I see it in person. Not too crazy about the price, but we'll see.......

Travelbliss, I believe we heard the same negativity about the street shoppers, the patchwork bags and now the spring/summer 08 collection. The Rubis isn't that different from the cerises in terms of colors -- and it's a bit more grown up (no cartoon cherries). I'm not going to sit here and argue with everyone. If they don't like it, that's their prerogative. All I ask is that people refrain from using hurtful language like "Ewww, I hate that bag" when I post my pics of it. I've never "hated on" anyone else's purchases and I've tried to follow the golden rule, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all, KWIM.:angel: