Monogram or Not

LVjessCC

Feb 8, 2019
So I want to get myself a Neverfull MM to carry as my work bag, but I can't decide what print to get it in. I initially thought I would go with the classic monogram however, the ladies that I usually work with are pretty judgmental about this kind of stuff. I've gotten some looks about my monogram cosmetic case, and it makes me feel a little uncomfortable. I thought about going with the DA to be a little more low key. But I keep going back and forth about which to get. Which would you choose?

I would get what makes YOU happy and not worry about the ladies at work. I’ve had people make comments about my LV pieces (friends, coworkers, family) and you know what I say about that? That I work hard for what I have and if it makes them uncomfortable, that reflects on them, not me.

Just my opinion....

I think it's pretty naive to say "wear what you want." This kind of answers makes me roll my eyes.

We are all working in different environments and cultures where sometimes it may not be the wisest thing to wear loud designer items. OP has to think about long-term impact of showing up with a NF Monogram bag if it will draw unwanted attention from coworkers and potentially supervisors. She is smart to be thinking about this carefully.

If you acknowledge that your cosmetic pouch in monogram is already making you uncomfortable, maybe DA is a better option. Or maybe after you further assess your situation, you will realize that Monogram is fine. Whichever it is in the end, good luck!

I would get DE but that's because it's my fave! As for you, if monogram makes you flutter then I say go for that and eff the haters. People will always judge you whether you carry the in your face mono or the lowkey de/da! In the words of Dodger from oliver & company, why-worry?

If you think wearing a designer item to work will bring unwanted attention and jealousy then don’t do it. It’s not worth jeopardizing your livelihood. I wear most of my obvious designer bags outside of work and carry a unassuming Celine tote to work. Most of the people I work with have no idea my tote is a Celine. People say wear what you want but optics are important especially if you are not fully established in your career. I say this even as a manager in a professional environment.

If you think wearing a designer item to work will bring unwanted attention and jealousy then don’t do it. It’s not worth jeopardizing your livelihood. I wear most of my obvious designer bags outside of work and carry a unassuming Celine tote to work. Most of the people I work with have no idea my tote is a Celine. People say wear what you want but optics are important especially if you are not fully established in your career. I say this even as a manager in a professional environment.

Same [emoji772] I seldom carry LV to work because when I carry or wear Burberry I feel like people are checking me out. A co worker once asked me if my jacket was Burberry and I replied yes and she replied “must be nice” [emoji52]
I usually just use a Longchamp or Burberry tote as a work bag and use my LV on the weekends and evenings.
Good luck with your decision.

Reactions: Winter’sJoy