Monogram or DE Neverfull?

Mar 28, 2015
I can’t decide!

DE pros
- still looks new after years (my speedy b is a work horse & it looks brand new, haven’t had to baby it)
- matches better with more outfits/colors
- more casual
- isn’t so “look at me I’m an LV!” Even tho the DE print is pretty popular haha
DE cons
- strap is super stiff, does this get better over time? Most of the videos Ive seen are wear and tear of the NF with shiny leather & newer ones have matte
- pertaining to the straps, I’ve heard they crack/split?
- that’s all i can think of

Monogram pros
- vachetta leather is more softer and per videos, feels better on the shoulder
- the honey with red glazing and yellow cross-stitching are a beautiful color combo
Monogram cons
- it feels like you have to baby it so the patina turns out nice and honey rather than dirty and black
- all the LV logos are classic but can be a bit much at times

I’d be using this bag for school, work, and possibly a baby bag.

INPUT AND OPINIONS PLEASE! I’m going to LV tomorrow & i wanna walk out with a bag lol

Since you have a DE and you are not immediately getting that for your NF, get a Mono. It will be nice to have variety!
As far as the vachetta, if you apply some Apple Garde to it, the vachetta will be easier to maintain. The amount of vachetta is minimal and since the straps go on the shoulder and not held in your hand, they wouldn’t turn as dark anyway. The Mono pattern is even better at hiding wear, especially on corners.

You listed the pros and cons for both type of leather. I think just come down to what print you really like or in love with. I myself like the DE print because it care-free. You can get the leather straps fix later if there is going to be any issues or if it getting darker. If this was me, am going to get the DE. Also, if you have some time, check out the comparison between the 2 bag on YouTube.

Are still happy with the DE choice?

Many recommend the Neverfull in DE. I know the monogram can be a bit much for the Neverfull but the spend is the same regardless of the print - which is a lot for a tote. I wonder if it’s like how many recommend the Alma bb in DE or Epi. It’s just the preferred/popular colorway for the handbag style?

Are still happy with the DE choice?

Many recommend the Neverfull in DE. I know the monogram can be a bit much for the Neverfull but the spend is the same regardless of the print - which is a lot for a tote. I wonder if it’s like how many recommend the Alma bb in DE or Epi. It’s just the preferred/popular colorway for the handbag style?

I still absolutely love mine! I love how the pattern is more low-key than the mono. I love mono as well but in smaller bags

Thank you for responding. I’ve read countless Neverfull threads trying to decide. I think your sentiment ringed quickly in my mind - DE is a better first choice and I would prefer monogram in a smaller cut.

It was def a hard choice for me to make as well. The vachette straps on the mono are comfier but I ended up choosing DE because I didn't like the aged look of the vachette on the mono. I have the mono key cles, nano speedy, pochette metis, and 2 agendas and really love them. The mono is really cute in smaller versions! I say go for it if you can!

It was def a hard choice for me to make as well. The vachette straps on the mono are comfier but I ended up choosing DE because I didn't like the aged look of the vachette on the mono. I have the mono key cles, nano speedy, pochette metis, and 2 agendas and really love them. The mono is really cute in smaller versions! I say go for it if you can!

Just wondering if the straps have softened over time?

Just wondering if the straps have softened over time?

I'd have to say no but only bc I haven't been able to take it out as much as I'd like due to winter weather (rainy) then the fact I don't really go out as much as I used to since the pandemic. I imagine with more use they do soften (as per YT videos I've seen) but for me they're still standing upright and the bag has structure with no corner wear.

Reactions: Bonosbabe