Monogram or DE Neverfull?

Mar 28, 2015
I can’t decide!

DE pros
- still looks new after years (my speedy b is a work horse & it looks brand new, haven’t had to baby it)
- matches better with more outfits/colors
- more casual
- isn’t so “look at me I’m an LV!” Even tho the DE print is pretty popular haha
DE cons
- strap is super stiff, does this get better over time? Most of the videos Ive seen are wear and tear of the NF with shiny leather & newer ones have matte
- pertaining to the straps, I’ve heard they crack/split?
- that’s all i can think of

Monogram pros
- vachetta leather is more softer and per videos, feels better on the shoulder
- the honey with red glazing and yellow cross-stitching are a beautiful color combo
Monogram cons
- it feels like you have to baby it so the patina turns out nice and honey rather than dirty and black
- all the LV logos are classic but can be a bit much at times

I’d be using this bag for school, work, and possibly a baby bag.

INPUT AND OPINIONS PLEASE! I’m going to LV tomorrow & i wanna walk out with a bag lol

BowieFan1971

Cat mom, wife, mother of a US Navy corpsman
Jun 19, 2020
Atlanta
Since you have a DE and you are not immediately getting that for your NF, get a Mono. It will be nice to have variety!
As far as the vachetta, if you apply some Apple Garde to it, the vachetta will be easier to maintain. The amount of vachetta is minimal and since the straps go on the shoulder and not held in your hand, they wouldn’t turn as dark anyway. The Mono pattern is even better at hiding wear, especially on corners.

ILOVENOVA

Sep 1, 2020
You listed the pros and cons for both type of leather. I think just come down to what print you really like or in love with. I myself like the DE print because it care-free. You can get the leather straps fix later if there is going to be any issues or if it getting darker. If this was me, am going to get the DE. Also, if you have some time, check out the comparison between the 2 bag on YouTube.

whitedollx

O.G.
Nov 24, 2008
I love the DE in neverfull! (:
The strap does get better with time, however it will never be as floppy as like in mono.

Reactions: Loriad

theprettymiss

Apr 18, 2020
I have a DE PM with the new matte leather and its definitely a bit softer.

I dont think theyll crack like the shiny leather did.

Mar 28, 2015
Update: Went to LV yesterday & my CA was so apologetic for not catching it. She talked with her manager and exchanged the leather strap, she says she thinks it was cracked bc it was super dry.