Monogram Macassar more "flashy" than Damier Ebene?

Dorf

O.G.
Nov 14, 2012
Many people mean that Monogram is more "flashy" and recognisable than Damier, and Damier is more discreet. You get more attention and looks if you wear any of the monogram prints. Hmm.. -but is that actually correct? In my oppinion the Damier is just as recognisable and famous as the Monogram. Not many people know, but Damier Ebene was the first print from Louis Vuitton, and not the Monogram. Whats your oppinion?

I think monogram might draw more attention. My friends asked me where I got my DG pattern bag. I don't think damier is as recognizable unless you're "in the know." :smile: it may be flashy, but most people probably wouldn't recognize it as LV

I live in So Cal, and most people here recognize ebene as LV. So I think it's slightly more toned down, since there are no logos on it, but not by a great margin if you happen to live in an area where there's plenty of LV around.

Definitely Ebene is not as well known here as Monogram. I'd bet you could stop practically anyone in the UK, point to a Mono bag and they'd be able to tell you it's Louis Vuitton. I wouldn't say you could do that with a Damier bag, though. People interested in fashion might recognise it, but not the general public.

Definitely Ebene is not as well known here as Monogram. I'd bet you could stop practically anyone in the UK, point to a Mono bag and they'd be able to tell you it's Louis Vuitton. I wouldn't say you could do that with a Damier bag, though. People interested in fashion might recognise it, but not the general public.
I absolutely agree with this, whilst somebody may have a faint recognition that Damier might be Louis Vuitton I believe a higher percentage if asked would be able to identify Monogram correctly.