Monogram Glacé Line

If I remember correctly they said it was too delicate (scratched too easily) as a men's line...?

Yes, the line scratched too easily. I bought the Fonzy, actually I got 3 of them. Kept getting replaced. It was ridiculous and I was sad!

I had hoped they figure out how to make it better and come out with it again because it really was HOT!

This is an old thread but I'd like to confirm that Monogram Glacé had problems.
I purchased the Bobby and the compact wallet with the snaps when they came out. They were actually my first LV purchases after my Greenwich travel bag. I was really excited about them and I loved the design and the leather. I went back and bought the Elvin and the bracelet. When I asked for more Glacé, my SA said that the leather was peeling very fast and that LV had decided to remove the line from the collection. Indeed the handles on my Elvin had started to peel - although it was only a year old and I barely used it. I got them replaced for free.

I still wear my Bobby from time to time. Many people think it's a new design because it looks so good. Then I have to say it's over ten years old! A few people also thought it was fake as they had never heard of Monogram Glacé.

Hello all, I'm new here and just purchased my first-ever LV bag. It's a Bobby, and I got it for a song at a very small silent auction for a local charity. I wasn't planning to buy the bag, just got caught up in the momentum of the event, and had never seen or heard of the Monogram Glace line before so wasn't sure what to look for to verify authenticity. Three other people there who seemed to know more than I did thought the bag was authentic, and not being familiar with the bag, I went for it. Once I got it home I started researching it, and think I may have a fake. Everything looks good, except that I can't find a date code on the loops where the strap attaches, or anywhere else. I'm not asking anyone to authenticate the bag for me as I realize this isn't the place. I'm just wondering, is it possible for a Bobby to NOT have a code?

Hello all, I'm new here and just purchased my first-ever LV bag. It's a Bobby, and I got it for a song at a very small silent auction for a local charity. I wasn't planning to buy the bag, just got caught up in the momentum of the event, and had never seen or heard of the Monogram Glace line before so wasn't sure what to look for to verify authenticity. Three other people there who seemed to know more than I did thought the bag was authentic, and not being familiar with the bag, I went for it. Once I got it home I started researching it, and think I may have a fake. Everything looks good, except that I can't find a date code on the loops where the strap attaches, or anywhere else. I'm not asking anyone to authenticate the bag for me as I realize this isn't the place. I'm just wondering, is it possible for a Bobby to NOT have a code?

It should have a datecode.

They have a date code and it should be on the leather loops attaching the handles and hardware to the side of the bag. Try using a bright light, such as the flashlight function on an iPhone, to try and see it better if it's been worn down a little from use. If you still can't find it then maybe consider having the bag authenticated for peace of mind.

Thank you both for your quick replies, I really appreciate it. I've learned a good (but hard) lesson here, and hopefully my experience will help prevent someone else from making the same mistake and getting stuck with a counterfeit bag. And maybe someday I'll get a real Monogram Glace piece!

Thank you both for your quick replies, I really appreciate it. I've learned a good (but hard) lesson here, and hopefully my experience will help prevent someone else from making the same mistake and getting stuck with a counterfeit bag. And maybe someday I'll get a real Monogram Glace piece!

So I just checked my Bobby and the datecode is tiny. It's embossed with no color so it's hard to see.
Make sure you look very closely.

Thanks, fabuleux, but no matter how hard I look, there's no date code.

It's not unusual for a bag's date code to move during production. So your date code might be elsewhere on the Bobby. I would simply take the bag to a local LV store and tell them you purchased this item at an auction for charity and you want to get their opinion on authenticity. The store can't provide an official authentification but many SAs and managers are happy to look at the bag and tell you what they think informally.

Thanks, fabuleux, but no matter how hard I look, there's no date code.

It's not unusual for a bag's date code to move during production. So your date code might be elsewhere on the Bobby. I would simply take the bag to a local LV store and tell them you purchased this item at an auction for charity and you want to get their opinion on authenticity. The store can't provide an official authentification but many SAs and managers are happy to look at the bag and tell you what they think informally.

You can, of course, do this but just make sure you get an experienced Sales Associate and not someone who would never have seen the Glace line. I'd also be wary of mentioning the term auction as that can cause some staff to automatically cry fake. Perhaps state it was a gift or inheritance?

Alternatively, use a paid third party authentication service - you can find recommendations if you search on the forum.