Monogram Empreinte Leather in cream or a light colour?? Pochette Metis

Jul 30, 2012
Does anyone have the Monogram Empreinte Leather in cream or a light colour? I'm considering the Pochette Metis in this finish. Any ideas of how it'll hold up and wondered if there could be a problem with colour transfer?

The Speedy 25 in Aube has been my only experiance of this leather. I really loved the leather and colour but my circumstances changed and the speedy wasn't really for me anymore, I purchased the bag pre-loved and the leather had relaxed quite a bit when I got it although it was under a year old...........is this normal??

if it's well used the print won't be as deep and crispy, that's normal.

regarding the color, I have seen someone wearing a light color PM, looks nice brand new, have seen other design in light colors too, again, look nice when they are brand new or like new.

If you plan to used the bag frequently and if you are type of person don't baby your items, then light color may not be the best choice if you plan to resell it later on and recoup most of the money.

Does anyone have the Monogram Empreinte Leather in cream or a light colour? I'm considering the Pochette Metis in this finish. Any ideas of how it'll hold up and wondered if there could be a problem with colour transfer?

The Speedy 25 in Aube has been my only experiance of this leather. I really loved the leather and colour but my circumstances changed and the speedy wasn't really for me anymore, I purchased the bag pre-loved and the leather had relaxed quite a bit when I got it although it was under a year old...........is this normal??

I have first version speedy 25 in cetrine color- I baby it because as soon as I walk into LV store wearing it (that happened a few times) I am automatically advised to b careful with a color transfer. I had this bag for 5 years and it’s still in prestige condition. I do however always watch where I put it to rest and if I happened to wear jeans I carry it in the crook of my arm and constantly keep in mind not to brush it against my legs....it’s hard work!! But worth all the compliments I constantly get from everyone ;)

Thanks for this, it's helpful but are you saying there's only a very limited time to it looking good........what happens when they don't look like new :confused1:

I rotate my bags, so it definitely won't be well used or an everyday bag. I wouldn't say I baby them but I do take good care, maybe I slightly baby :giggle: but I'm not paranoid, I wouldn't take it if it was raining but if it rained I'd cover it and my bags never, ever go on the floor. I usually use liners but this style doesn't really look suitable?.?

I'm still unsure if I should take the plunge or not. I don't live that near to a store and quite often buy online but on this occasion maybe I'd be better off having a trip to London and viewing it IRL

That all sounds positive, your bag sounds a stunner, do you have a picture you could post? If you' ve had it 5 years how often has it been used, all the time, roatated, special occasions etc etc
I'd be similiar and try to take good care of it, I also wouldn't use it everyday as have others to choose from......right bag for right occasion ;)
I love light coloured bags and am missing one in my collection at the moment. This one has been really calling to me.

I was originally drawn to the reverse print monogram version but it's sold out now. LV have told me they're won't be any more and no wait list..........but I've heard that before with specials that are popular and more are produced. I'd prefer leather to canvas anyway but I'd probably go for the reverse print if it did show up..........just seemed something about it.

That all sounds positive, your bag sounds a stunner, do you have a picture you could post? If you' ve had it 5 years how often has it been used, all the time, roatated, special occasions etc etc
I'd be similiar and try to take good care of it, I also wouldn't use it everyday as have others to choose from......right bag for right occasion ;)
I love light coloured bags and am missing one in my collection at the moment. This one has been really calling to me.

I was originally drawn to the reverse print monogram version but it's sold out now. LV have told me they're won't be any more and no wait list..........but I've heard that before with specials that are popular and more are produced. I'd prefer leather to canvas anyway but I'd probably go for the reverse print if it did show up..........just seemed something about it.

I just went through photos and found a few pics from 2015 and 2017 and snapped one for you just now. Honestly the bag didn’t change at all (which I am pleased to admit) Looks like I have it for 4y not 5! But it looks today just like the day I got it... no loss in color or embossing or wear and tear, hardware are still shiny etc....I realized I only wear it during warm months sunny days and definitely take it on every single vacation- we travel often. It’s def not my everyday bag but it also doesn’t live in my closet full time;)HTHIMG_3035.jpgIMG_3037.jpgIMG_3038.jpgIMG_3039.jpg

Beautiful bag. I am also considering to buy light color bag. Little bit nervous about it. I want to buy either speedy b 25 azur or PM empreinte dune color. Do you clean your bag time to time?