Monogram Corner Wear

Ok so I’m headed into my local store to see what they say. I’m scared to go in there because I’ve had to do a couple returns recently and I feel like when they see me coming they will be like, uh oh, what now Lol. Wish me luck. Honestly at this point, I’ll just take store credit and wait for something that I truly love without any defects fingers crossed
Why scared ? It's not your fault if the bags are defected. And it's not like if the problems weren't known. Tell us what you'll choose with the store credit.

Why scared ? It's not your fault if the bags are defected. And it's not like if the problems weren't known. Tell us what you'll choose with the store credit.

Girl right! Why do we get scared over these things lol. I know, I guess it just causes me anxiety because even though these things aren’t my fault, sometimes the SAs pretend they have never of the issue or try to say it’s normal wear and tear, or worse, when they say they can’t see it at all. Read my update below. I was strong! Yay!

Reactions: Guerabrava
Update: brought it to the store just now. Like I thought, at first the SA said she didn’t see it. Then I said “look closer, it’s peeling and chipping”. She looked closer and agreed but said it was normal wear and tear for a bag with sharp corners and said, “these bags aren’t meant to be banged around so that’s bound to happen” and I told her “well I haven’t even used it yet really so I’m pretty shocked to see it happen so soon”. I told her “if this were to happen a few months from now, I get it, I’d live with it knowing it was bound to happen but having just had it less than a week, I can’t accept that (despite how beautiful the bag really is)”. She agreed to do an exchange finally after a little pushing. I did ask her to see any other ones in the store and when I saw them, they ALL had this. ALL OF THEM. And they weren’t being pulled as defective so anyone who is considering this bag, just be aware that the corners either already have chipping or will chip very quickly. I decided to exchange for the cute Saintonge Noir and a couple SLGs I going to pick up next week (not sure which ones yet).

Girl right! Why do we get scared over these things lol. I know, I guess it just causes me anxiety because even though these things aren’t my fault, sometimes the SAs pretend they have never of the issue or try to say it’s normal wear and tear, or worse, when they say they can’t see it at all. Read my update below. I was strong! Yay!
Some need glasses :smile:
Seriously, I understand, but it's a known problem.

Update: brought it to the store just now. Like I thought, at first the SA said she didn’t see it. Then I said “look closer, it’s peeling and chipping”. She looked closer and agreed but said it was normal wear and tear for a bag with sharp corners and said, “these bags aren’t meant to be banged around so that’s bound to happen” and I told her “well I haven’t even used it yet really so I’m pretty shocked to see it happen so soon”. I told her “if this were to happen a few months from now, I get it, I’d live with it knowing it was bound to happen but having just had it less than a week, I can’t accept that (despite how beautiful the bag really is)”. She agreed to do an exchange finally after a little pushing. I did ask her to see any other ones in the store and when I saw them, they ALL had this. ALL OF THEM. And they weren’t being pulled as defective so anyone who is considering this bag, just be aware that the corners either already have chipping or will chip very quickly. I decided to exchange for the cute Saintonge Noir and a couple SLGs I going to pick up next week (not sure which ones yet).
I hate people who act in bad faith.
Very happy you exchanged the bag.

Good to hear that! It's funny how my SA said the same thing to me. Like where is it, i can't see it. And i pointed it out and almost use my flashlight just to show the peeling Actually i talk to my SA maybe 3x and at that point he suggest me to have the repair guy check it. Then the repair guy decided. I also checked for the Saintonge in noir as i like the look of it from the photos but i didnt like that it doesnt have removable straps. and the zipper was not smooth. I think mom's think alike. I have a toddler so i cant go with vachetta but leather is fine haha Pls show reveal soon! Congratulations on your new bag!

Reactions: Sparkle_Lux
Good to hear that! It's funny how my SA said the same thing to me. Like where is it, i can't see it. And i pointed it out and almost use my flashlight just to show the peeling Actually i talk to my SA maybe 3x and at that point he suggest me to have the repair guy check it. Then the repair guy decided. I also checked for the Saintonge in noir as i like the look of it from the photos but i didnt like that it doesnt have removable straps. and the zipper was not smooth. I think mom's think alike. I have a toddler so i cant go with vachetta but leather is fine haha Pls show reveal soon! Congratulations on your new bag!

Ok! I’ll reveal soon. They only had the red Saintonge in the store so I had to order the Noir. I didn’t mind the removable strap because for me it as a perfect length. Can’t believe you had to show them work a flashlight lol. I swear they are trained to say that or something. And yep! Toddler life has benched all my vachetta bags for the time being. I have lots of DE but the mono/noir combo has been really calling my name!

Reactions: cielopark
It's kind of a crapshoot. I bought a Iena MM damier ebene last year in July and the corners were fine on the bag. I gave it to my mom and she uses it on her days off but so far the corners have held up. I did inspect the bag before I purchased it last year. I bought a Graceful PM mono this year and the corners have held up as well. I also inspected the corners before I purchased the Graceful PM. I looked at the Graceful MM mono as well, but the one I was looking at did have one slightly scratched corner. I did point it out to the SA and she acknowledged it and said they will have to send the bag back.

It's kind of a crapshoot. I bought a Iena MM damier ebene last year in July and the corners were fine on the bag. I gave it to my mom and she uses it on her days off but so far the corners have held up. I did inspect the bag before I purchased it last year. I bought a Graceful PM mono this year and the corners have held up as well. I also inspected the corners before I purchased the Graceful PM. I looked at the Graceful MM mono as well, but the one I was looking at did have one slightly scratched corner. I did point it out to the SA and she acknowledged it and said they will have to send the bag back.

Ya, that’s the hard part. I think some bags made in certain factories with certain batches of canvas are better than others. That’s so good yours are holding up! I wish I had the same luck. With this bag, I know there are variances for sure because the Saint Placide I tried on that was made in France was a thicker, duller canvas and the corners weren’t as bad. Mine was made in Spain and part of the reason I loved it more was because it had shiny lux canvas compared to the MIF. It was buttery and smooshier. Sadly, all the made in Spain’s were the ones with horrible peeling canvas. I wonder if the reason they were peeling more was because of the shinier coating on the made in Spain versions. The SA tried to tell me that all the canvas is the same but I kinda laughed and said, um, look at this difference right here. The same exact bag made in two different factories with two different batches of canvas look completely different. One is shiny and smooshy, and the other is dull and thicker. One has really bad peeling and the other doesn’t. She said, well I can’t really tell to be honest. Wow. When the client has to explain variances and defects to the SA, it really makes me feel uncomfortable.

That is ridiculous that bags with wear are making it into the boutiques as “new!”

I have bags with sharp corners and they are fine. I’m going to play devils advocate and say some responsibility falls on the user to be aware of design flaws and do what they can to minimize wear, if wear bothers them. For example I never walk close to walls, never carry a bag against rough fabric, don’t set my bag down on anything with texture or paint to it, don’t put bag near anything that sprays or has alcohol in it, keep my bags clean and supple, and am mindful when carrying. Yes, things do happen still. But these are easy habits that require no extra effort, add up over use, and have kept my bags looking nice. My neverfull is my workhorse beat around bag and the difference is obvious.

Reactions: Sparkle_Lux
That is ridiculous that bags with wear are making it into the boutiques as “new!”

I have bags with sharp corners and they are fine. I’m going to play devils advocate and say some responsibility falls on the user to be aware of design flaws and do what they can to minimize wear, if wear bothers them. For example I never walk close to walls, never carry a bag against rough fabric, don’t set my bag down on anything with texture or paint to it, don’t put bag near anything that sprays or has alcohol in it, keep my bags clean and supple, and am mindful when carrying. Yes, things do happen still. But these are easy habits that require no extra effort, add up over use, and have kept my bags looking nice. My neverfull is my workhorse beat around bag and the difference is obvious.

Yes for sure! I take such good care of my bags and baby them all to an extent (as best I can with two toddlers haha).That being said, when the bag has wear at the store brand new, it’s a little disheartening. That’s part of the reason I made this post- to bring awareness to the issue of sharp corners. I had seen it about other bags (graceful, melie) but hadn’t see much about this bag. Now that this thread is out there it should hopefully help when people are researching this bag. Thanks for your thoughts!! [emoji173]️

Yes for sure! I take such good care of my bags and baby them all to an extent (as best I can with two toddlers haha).That being said, when the bag has wear at the store brand new, it’s a little disheartening. That’s part of the reason I made this post- to bring awareness to the issue of sharp corners. I had seen it about other bags (graceful, melie) but hadn’t see much about this bag. Now that this thread is out there it should hopefully help when people are researching this bag. Thanks for your thoughts!! [emoji173]️
I wonder if somehow how they ship the bags or from handling in the store they somehow got the wear. Or LV has really just stopped caring about quality control that much! Gah!

I wonder if somehow how they ship the bags or from handling in the store they somehow got the wear. Or LV has really just stopped caring about quality control that much! Gah!

I honestly think it has very little to do with how much the bag has been handled/bumped around/etc. If you see these corners in person, you can tell the way the material is folded and how thin it is, it’s a design flaw and bound to happen with very little handling. It’s just unfortunate. I just expected more considering the bag was 2100. I knew of corner issues, just thought maybe they corrected/fixed the issue before making new bags with sharp corners. Maybe certain clients don’t care and just use the bags and say oh well it’s a corner, or maybe some clients never even bother to look at the wear on their bags. ‍♀️

Reactions: Guerabrava
The corners are folded too sharply for the coating on top of the canvas to be able to handle without tearing a bit. Something has to give, and since the folds are permanently in place, the canvas ends up tearing from the stress put on it by the folds. There's no way around it other than to use a different material or a different design.