Monogram Canvas or Damier Canvas...Thoughts?

My lovely husband suprised me and got me a monogram speedy 30 which is the second LV he has suprised me with. I love the looks of the speedy and have been wanting one for a while but my question is...Should I return this monogram canvas speedy and get the damier canvas speedy isntead? I am not able to go look at the differences in a store (oh how I wish I could!) as the nearest store is over 3-4 hours away so I would love some input if anyone would like to give some. My first purse is a monogram petite bucket if this makes any difference.

I own the mono 30 and the damier ebene in 35. I definitely recommend the damier speedy. It is a worry-free bag that will wear well and still look new years from now. The monogram will age and depending on the level of care, it could also become beautifully patina'd or look dirty (like my mono speedy 30). I definitely prefer the damier ebene over the mono in the speedy.

I have both Monogram and Damier Speedies. I use the Damier more since it's low maintenance. I don't have to worry about water stain and I can use it in the rain. I use my Monogram Speedy on sunny days only as with my other Monogram bags.