Monogram Alma or Speedy, Looking for a kick around beatup bag.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I see a few ebay sellers have a few abused bags, i'm looking at a speedy or alma, I'm looking for something that is CLEAN inside but that I can just be careless with. which would you pick... Speedy or Alma
    Thinking that with the price is right I can even afford to spend 300$ and have the handles replaced and its going to be cheaper then a new bag(if that is what I want in the future)

I know that baby wipes clean bags up a great deal....

2. I'd say speedy, it's an all around more casual bag. The alma on teh otherhand, has a more refined shape, kind of a waste to knock it around

3. I would go with a speedy bec. it doesn't have vachetta on the bottom and speedies look good w/ life in them so a knock around speedy seems like a good idea. I'm guessing if it's a knock around you may not want to be mindful of every place you set it down and a vachetta bottom alma will show the effects of that. Speedies go for dirt cheap, like $300 for a decent one, especially this time of year on ebay. I also think speedies are lighter weight than almas, although I only have the mc alma, haven't held a regular mono one but man my mc alma is heavy.

4. I'm thinking of buying a used bag, so the bottom isnt an issue.

5. Speedy, you can be less careful with.

6. Good point on the weight.. never thought about it. I had a Mc alma found it light compared to the mc speedy but to a monogram one could be another story:smile:

7. speedy or noe

8. Had a noe dont care for it. thanks for the suggestion though.

9. i say speedy over alma, its much more casual/knock around

10. I think a speedy would suit your needs better. Less vachetta, lighter weight and it already has a casual style.

11. I would go with a speedy. BTW, last I checked, it cost about $200 just to change the handles on a speedy. My mono speedy 30's handles have become yucky after a couple of years' use and I was going to change the handles until I heard the price. For that price, I may as well throw a couple hundred dollars more in and get an entire brand new bag!

12. Definitely the Speedy. It is more comfortable to hold and it makes a perfect everyday bag. Its flexibility makes it more convenient, unlike the stiff Alma.

13. The Speedy - when they are old and loved they still love great. The alma tends to look "dirty" IMO when it is used to much. Plus I think the speedy is more comfortable to carry and holds more than the Alma.

14. I love the alma but I've always considered the speedy to be way more casual, so I say go with that.

15. I would go with the speedy.. It is a great everyday bag that you can dress up or down and is comfy to carry!