Monogram Abbesses: 2005 Vs. 2008?

someguy697

Sep 26, 2008
hi all. i was wondering if all you more experienced/knowledgeable LV fans can help me out. is there a difference between the 2005 (ish) Monogram Abbesses and the 2008 one? was there ever an "upgrade" to it? :confused1:

the reason im asking is because my mom has one from 2005, which we bought from nieman marcus, but a friend of mine said he just bought one from NY and it has a different interrior lining! my mom's is just the regular brown canvas inside, but my friends' was pig skin!! is there a special edition out there? or was an upgrade done? the only thing i can think of is maybe his is made in france and ours in spain? or between 2005 and 2008 the design changed?

any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advace!!!

Pig skin?

The interior has stayed the same from my knowledge, which is a brown cotton canvas lining. If your friends' Abesses Messenger interior is a tan suede-like interior, it sounds fake to me... :s

As far as other changes/upgrades, the date code location has changed from the D-ring to the interior pocket along the seam.

Last edited:
Pig skin?

The interior has stayed the same from my knowledge, which is a brown cotton canvas lining. If your friends' Abesses Messenger interior is a tan suede-like interior, it sounds fake to me... :s

As far as other changes/upgrades, the date code location has changed from the D-ring to the interior pocket along the seam.

yeah! my brother and i were touching the inside thinking ":huh::huh:o so nice!" and he was saying how the sales told him it was pig skin, and how LV was going to discontinue the monogram messenger and just have the checkered one.

another difference i noticed is you know where the straps connect to the bag? it's held on by a rectangular gold brass piece right? his was black plastic, similar to the strap adjusters, and he was saying "yeah i saw other people with a cheaper version of this and they had brass pieces." i hope his is fake!

thank you for the replies!!

hi all. i was wondering if all you more experienced/knowledgeable LV fans can help me out. is there a difference between the 2005 (ish) Monogram Abbesses and the 2008 one? was there ever an "upgrade" to it? :confused1:

the reason im asking is because my mom has one from 2005, which we bought from nieman marcus, but a friend of mine said he just bought one from NY and it has a different interrior lining! my mom's is just the regular brown canvas inside, but my friends' was pig skin!! is there a special edition out there? or was an upgrade done? the only thing i can think of is maybe his is made in france and ours in spain? or between 2005 and 2008 the design changed?

any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advace!!!
ABSOLUTELY FAKE/KNOCK OFF!!! He probably got it from Canal St in NY. It is sorta like a garment district.