MONOGLAM Review (Neverfull)

Love this review! I've been on the fence about getting this Neverfull to use as a diaper bag myself and I think you just convinced me! The fact that the exterior seems hardy is a relief to hear, and it's so much cooler than your typical diaper bag options.

Yes!!!l I bet the Prada backpack was perfect! Those older nylon ones are amazing!
It was perfect because the front had two big pockets which fit her bottles perfectly. And it was the only bag that my husband was willing to carry lol. I actually still have it and use it till this day. I brought it to Europe with me last July and it really came in handy. Still in really good condition.

Last edited:
I know! I was able to see them all in person yesterday. I actually never liked the side trunk but wow it’s growing on me. The speedy opening was a little tight for my liking since it didn’t have the extended zipper. The EW has had issues with crooked locks but I love that chain it comes with! Interestingly enough, the zippy wallet was stunning! I was tempted and I haven’t used a long wallet in YEARS haha
I got the side trunk yesterday at a boutique. I tried on the EW, the speedy and the side trunk. I didn't like how speedy was against my body as a crossbody. I really liked the EW but the crossbody strap was too short for me and the lock was a bit crooked, but not much. A SA said it's expected as its handmade bags. The side trunk's strap was perfect and it looked good as crossbody and I think it most roomier of these three . All three bags were made in France, and had more silver than blue unfortunately. I was hoping for more blue, but I prefer made in France, so had to buy it.

I got the side trunk yesterday at a boutique. I tried on the EW, the speedy and the side trunk. I didn't like how speedy was against my body as a crossbody. I really liked the EW but the crossbody strap was too short for me and the lock was a bit crooked, but not much. A SA said it's expected as its handmade bags. The side trunk's strap was perfect and it looked good as crossbody and I think it most roomier of these three . All three bags were made in France, and had more silver than blue unfortunately. I was hoping for more blue, but I prefer made in France, so had to buy it.
Congrats on your side trunk!! I bet it is stunning. I know what you mean about the silver vs blue, but at least the silver reflects more rainbow so that’s good! Side note: I hate when SA’s try to justify flaws by saying they are handmade. To me, that’s more of a reason to make sure the lock is straight lol.

The monogram Neverfull is so beautiful! I missed out on the Room with a View Keepall 25, so am considering this interesting version of a Neverfull. Love anything holographic, sparkly, and shiny! :biggrin:
Girl you and me both!! Anything holographic or sparkly I have to have! Chanel came out with a caviar last year that had holographic glitter in the leather. Did you see it? I bought a card holder so I could have a piece of the collection. It was gorgeous!! And will actually match this monoglam collection beautifully!

• Love
Reactions: Lyn2005
Girl you and me both!! Anything holographic or sparkly I have to have! Chanel came out with a caviar last year that had holographic glitter in the leather. Did you see it? I bought a card holder so I could have a piece of the collection. It was gorgeous!! And will actually match this monoglam collection beautifully!
I didn't see last year's Chanel holographic collection... but just imagining it, I'm positive I would be drawn to it! :biggrin:

The holographic layer really adds to the uniqueness, and I already have a regular canvas Neverfull... so this limited ed monogram version would make my heart sing! ^_^

Reactions: Sparkle_Lux
Mom question here, I couldn’t help but notice there is a tiny bag balm in the last pic. Do you use that on baby, if so as diaper cream? I love bag balm but haven’t used it for the purpose. Just wondering. Love the bag btw

I’ve heard you shouldn’t leave it in the heat. I live in So Cal so that may be a challenge this summer. Especially since I’ll want to show it off in the sunlight. Only time will tell I suppose. I really hope it doesn’t melt lol. I’ll be pissed.
I’m a little worried about yellowing and melting-sticky now, after how some people mention about this being similar to vernis.
- Loose threads. I had to cut off a couple of loose threads at the seams and under the trim. Annoying but whatever.
Mine had some loose threads too but otherwise the alignment and all were acceptable so I just snip it off too.
- dimpling at the bottom corners. I think this is a general annoyance of mine and all totes do this, but I hate the dimpling and creasing that happens at the bottom corners of a neverfull. Using an organizer doesn't help. It is what it is.
What does the dimpling at the bottom corners looks like? I have no experience with NF.. I used a zipped organizer for my NF to provide some privacy.
6. THE POUCH: then pouch is a solid blue leather. I wish they made the pouch Monoglam too!!! How cool would that have been. Oh well.

I agree that I was slightly disappointed that the pouch wasn’t monoglam-ed as well. Thought I could get two “bags” for the price of one. I mean I still do have the pouch but it’s just normal-looking.

Mom question here, I couldn’t help but notice there is a tiny bag balm in the last pic. Do you use that on baby, if so as diaper cream? I love bag balm but haven’t used it for the purpose. Just wondering. Love the bag btw
Yes!!! I use it as a diaper cream and it’s wonderful! I also use it for dry skin, or anywhere really. I have three kids so it’s a great diaper bag staple! ❤️

Reactions: mzroyalflyness
I’m a little worried about yellowing and melting-sticky now, after how some people mention about this being similar to vernis.

Mine had some loose threads too but otherwise the alignment and all were acceptable so I just snip it off too.

What does the dimpling at the bottom corners looks like? I have no experience with NF.. I used a zipped organizer for my NF to provide some privacy.

I agree that I was slightly disappointed that the pouch wasn’t monoglam-ed as well. Thought I could get two “bags” for the price of one. I mean I still do have the pouch but it’s just normal-looking.
regarding the corners…they tend to get this weird dip/crease when filled. Part of the problem is because the lining doesn’t go all the way to the tip of the corner so it never is able to fill out properly and a crease forms. Using an organizer doesn’t help if the lining is cut too short. It’s inevitable. Regular canvas is more forgiving and soft so it isn’t as noticeable. This material is more stiff so the crease is more obvious. I’m too picky at first (with every bag) and I notice every crease and dent. After some time, I get used to it, forget about it, and live with it! No biggie. I still love the bag! Here’s a pic:

IMG_8299.jpeg

I have a quick question, is the bottom of the monogram Neverfull also the hologram coated canvas, or is it blue leather (like the inside pouch)? I saw a monogram keepall that had a blue leather base, so just curious.