MONOGLAM Review (Neverfull)

Sparkle_Lux

Lover all all things sparkly!
O.G.
Jun 21, 2010
Forget Monoglam, can you say Babyglam?! Yes, I use a NF for a diaper bag. For me it works great! Does it get heavy? Yes, is it tight on the shoulder? Yes. Do I love it anyway? Yes! The ease of being able to reach in and grab a diaper or baby item really fast is the selling point for me. It’s truly a grab and go and who doesn’t want to be stylish with baby! I hang it on my stroller with a hook and it looks so cute!

Anyway…about the Monoglam….

1. COLOR: It’s a chameleon. The camera truly doesn’t capture the true color AT ALL. I took some pics in natural light and with flash and it still isn’t showing the color correctly. You need to see this one in person to get the full effect.

2. HOLO: The holo/rainbow is gorgeous but more subtle than I thought. Yes, it shines rainbows in sunlight and bright lights, but it’s not annoyingly flashy. This is a good thing. I feel like if it was too in your face, it would feel juvenile. I like how it’s more of a silver/blue under natural light, and a pop of rainbows in the sun. It’s really beautiful.

3. VARIANTS: No two bags are the same. This fact caught me off guard. I assumed they were all this nice shade of dark blue with rainbow undertones (per the website and lots of early photos I saw of the bag) The truth is, some are bluer than others and some are more silver. The technique they used to create the material is varied. Mine is made in Spain and I think it has a good mix of both. It’s not too blue or too silver. I may want to pop into a store and compare and contrast. I ordered mine online so it was a surprise for what I would get.

4. TEXTURE: The texture is very unique. Some call it a plasticky feel. I would tend to agree but it doesn’t feel cheap. It feels sturdy and of good quality. I imagine it will be easy to wipe down and because there is no vachetta, it’s more carefree. Unlike canvas, this truly feels like coated denim or jacquard. You can feel the texture and it’s kinda cool! I’ve heard you shouldn’t leave it in the heat. I live in So Cal so that may be a challenge this summer. Especially since I’ll want to show it off in the sunlight. Only time will tell I suppose. I really hope it doesn’t melt lol. I’ll be pissed.

5. QUALITY CONTROL: As most know, QC these days seems to be lacking. I also tend to be on the pickier side. This bag passes the test however that’s not because it’s perfect, it’s mainly because I don’t care as much. I hate playing the exchange game, and I hate returning things. Especially with a newborn baby. Here are the flaws:
- Alignment isn’t perfect. The patterns don't line up on the sides but that's pretty common with neverfulls. I also noticed the LV’s are slightly varied in position. Some are higher and lower than others. This was interesting to me and created a little optical illusion when I was trying to figure out if it was crooked.
- Loose threads. I had to cut off a couple of loose threads at the seams and under the trim. Annoying but whatever.
- sloppy seam work. In some parts where the canvas meets the trim, it's a little bumpy/wavy. This annoys me ALOT. I hate seeing bumps at the seam. I want the material to be flush and straight. I'm letting this flaw go as every video and picture I've seen of this bag has some bumpiness at the seam. It's due in part to how the handles and closure are sewn into the lining. This also creates annoying bumps and bulges in the interior fabric. It's looks super sloppy! Luckily I throw in an organizer in and forget about it. Since the bag is shiny, you don't really pay attention to the bumps as much. And honestly maybe it's only me who cares.
- dimpling at the bottom corners. I think this is a general annoyance of mine and all totes do this, but I hate the dimpling and creasing that happens at the bottom corners of a neverfull. Using an organizer doesn't help. It is what it is.

6. THE POUCH: then pouch is a solid blue leather. I wish they made the pouch Monoglam too!!! How cool would that have been. Oh well.

7. PRICE: The price isn't that bad for a neverfull. It was $2350 USD. With tax it was about 2500. I'm used to buying Chanel so this feels a lot cheaper haha. Still, with all the price increases this isn't too bad!

8. CONCLUSION: I know this bag isn't for everyone. It has the function of a neverfull with an added wow factor. For me, I LOVE anything holographic, shiny, sparkly, and loud. I match these items with plain and simple wardrobe and it works for me. I'm a Leo so that should tell you why I like this bag haha. Right now, the plan is to keep it and hope it doesn't have any new flaws or issues.

If you have read this far, THANK YOU! Comment below if you have this bag! Let keep each other updated on the wear and tear!

IMG_7910.jpeg

IMG_7909.jpeg

IMG_7911.jpeg

IMG_7914.jpeg

Your bag is gorgeous and the pics are stunning. Thank you for taking the time to provide an in depth review. It is definitely useful and gives us a better insight into the bag! Enjoy your blue beauty
Forget Monoglam, can you say Babyglam?! Yes, I use a NF for a diaper bag. For me it works great! Does it get heavy? Yes, is it tight on the shoulder? Yes. Do I love it anyway? Yes! The ease of being able to reach in and grab a diaper or baby item really fast is the selling point for me. It’s truly a grab and go and who doesn’t want to be stylish with baby! I hang it on my stroller with a hook and it looks so cute!

Anyway…about the Monoglam….

1. COLOR: It’s a chameleon. The camera truly doesn’t capture the true color AT ALL. I took some pics in natural light and with flash and it still isn’t showing the color correctly. You need to see this one in person to get the full effect.

2. HOLO: The holo/rainbow is gorgeous but more subtle than I thought. Yes, it shines rainbows in sunlight and bright lights, but it’s not annoyingly flashy. This is a good thing. I feel like if it was too in your face, it would feel juvenile. I like how it’s more of a silver/blue under natural light, and a pop of rainbows in the sun. It’s really beautiful.

3. VARIANTS: No two bags are the same. This fact caught me off guard. I assumed they were all this nice shade of dark blue with rainbow undertones (per the website and lots of early photos I saw of the bag) The truth is, some are bluer than others and some are more silver. The technique they used to create the material is varied. Mine is made in Spain and I think it has a good mix of both. It’s not too blue or too silver. I may want to pop into a store and compare and contrast. I ordered mine online so it was a surprise for what I would get.

4. TEXTURE: The texture is very unique. Some call it a plasticky feel. I would tend to agree but it doesn’t feel cheap. It feels sturdy and of good quality. I imagine it will be easy to wipe down and because there is no vachetta, it’s more carefree. Unlike canvas, this truly feels like coated denim or jacquard. You can feel the texture and it’s kinda cool! I’ve heard you shouldn’t leave it in the heat. I live in So Cal so that may be a challenge this summer. Especially since I’ll want to show it off in the sunlight. Only time will tell I suppose. I really hope it doesn’t melt lol. I’ll be pissed.

5. QUALITY CONTROL: As most know, QC these days seems to be lacking. I also tend to be on the pickier side. This bag passes the test however that’s not because it’s perfect, it’s mainly because I don’t care as much. I hate playing the exchange game, and I hate returning things. Especially with a newborn baby. Here are the flaws:
- Alignment isn’t perfect. The patterns don't line up on the sides but that's pretty common with neverfulls. I also noticed the LV’s are slightly varied in position. Some are higher and lower than others. This was interesting to me and created a little optical illusion when I was trying to figure out if it was crooked.
- Loose threads. I had to cut off a couple of loose threads at the seams and under the trim. Annoying but whatever.
- sloppy seam work. In some parts where the canvas meets the trim, it's a little bumpy/wavy. This annoys me ALOT. I hate seeing bumps at the seam. I want the material to be flush and straight. I'm letting this flaw go as every video and picture I've seen of this bag has some bumpiness at the seam. It's due in part to how the handles and closure are sewn into the lining. This also creates annoying bumps and bulges in the interior fabric. It's looks super sloppy! Luckily I throw in an organizer in and forget about it. Since the bag is shiny, you don't really pay attention to the bumps as much. And honestly maybe it's only me who cares.
- dimpling at the bottom corners. I think this is a general annoyance of mine and all totes do this, but I hate the dimpling and creasing that happens at the bottom corners of a neverfull. Using an organizer doesn't help. It is what it is.

6. THE POUCH: then pouch is a solid blue leather. I wish they made the pouch Monoglam too!!! How cool would that have been. Oh well.

7. PRICE: The price isn't that bad for a neverfull. It was $2350 USD. With tax it was about 2500. I'm used to buying Chanel so this feels a lot cheaper haha. Still, with all the price increases this isn't too bad!

8. CONCLUSION: I know this bag isn't for everyone. It has the function of a neverfull with an added wow factor. For me, I LOVE anything holographic, shiny, sparkly, and loud. I match these items with plain and simple wardrobe and it works for me. I'm a Leo so that should tell you why I like this bag haha. Right now, the plan is to keep it and hope it doesn't have any new flaws or issues.

If you have read this far, THANK YOU! Comment below if you have this bag! Let keep each other updated on the wear and tear!

View attachment 5788898

View attachment 5788899

View attachment 5788900

View attachment 5788901

Reactions: Sparkle_Lux
Mine has just arrived today also. Should have came yesterday but UPS loaded it onto the wrong van :facepalm:
My one is also Made in Spain & looks more lighter, like @Sparkle_Lux
I would have liked it more blue. Not sure if she's a keeper, would have preferred more blue toned.
However when you take her out in the sunshine.... thats when the magic happens. Problem is in the UK we really don't get much sunshine lol

You guys did well on your photos. I tried to take some but they were absolute rubbish haha :lol:

thanks a lot for the great detailed review! very helpful. And great pictures too! beautiful bag. I'm so tempted, but cant decided between NF, side trunk, speedy or east west.
I know! I was able to see them all in person yesterday. I actually never liked the side trunk but wow it’s growing on me. The speedy opening was a little tight for my liking since it didn’t have the extended zipper. The EW has had issues with crooked locks but I love that chain it comes with! Interestingly enough, the zippy wallet was stunning! I was tempted and I haven’t used a long wallet in YEARS haha

Reactions: channar
Great detailed review! I've just received mine, also ordered online so no idea what colour to expect. I'm happy with the colour I got, I wanted one that is more blue and less contrasting against the blue leather. Made in Spain as well. Do you ever cinch your Neverfulls? Would you be comfortable cinching this one?

View attachment 5789334

Wow! You did get a great blue one!! Beautiful! I don’t normally cinch my sides however I’m starting to love that look for some reason. I’m gonna try it with my DE GM. But for this bag I’m afraid to. The material doesn’t feel flexible enough. I mean Im sure it works, I’m just scared to crease, crack, or dent the material. Ya know? I’m sure it works though and would look really pretty.

Mine has just arrived today also. Should have came yesterday but UPS loaded it onto the wrong van :facepalm:
My one is also Made in Spain & looks more lighter, like @Sparkle_Lux
I would have liked it more blue. Not sure if she's a keeper, would have preferred more blue toned.
However when you take her out in the sunshine.... thats when the magic happens. Problem is in the UK we really don't get much sunshine lol

You guys did well on your photos. I tried to take some but they were absolute rubbish haha :lol:

Awww, ya the blue toned ones are really nice. I heard that the more silvery ones reflect more holo. For me, I’d prefer a more rainbowy look. I do think it looks quite nice under bright lights too (for example under bright LED store lights). If you don’t have a lot of sun where you live, you might need to take it shopping a lot haha. So you get the bright lights effect haha! Good luck with your decision! ❤️

I know! I was able to see them all in person yesterday. I actually never liked the side trunk but wow it’s growing on me. The speedy opening was a little tight for my liking since it didn’t have the extended zipper. The EW has had issues with crooked locks but I love that chain it comes with! Interestingly enough, the zippy wallet was stunning! I was tempted and I haven’t used a long wallet in YEARS haha
Funny, I was just telling my friend today that the side trunk is growing on me too. It caught my eye in the Cruise 2024 show.
Wow! You did get a great blue one!! Beautiful! I don’t normally cinch my sides however I’m starting to love that look for some reason. I’m gonna try it with my DE GM. But for this bag I’m afraid to. The material doesn’t feel flexible enough. I mean Im sure it works, I’m just scared to crease, crack, or dent the material. Ya know? I’m sure it works though and would look really pretty.
I feel the same. I tried cinching it, and swiftly uncinched it. It doesn't feel flexible enough to cinch easily.
Awww, ya the blue toned ones are really nice. I heard that the more silvery ones reflect more holo. For me, I’d prefer a more rainbowy look. I do think it looks quite nice under bright lights too (for example under bright LED store lights). If you don’t have a lot of sun where you live, you might need to take it shopping a lot haha. So you get the bright lights effect haha! Good luck with your decision! ❤️
Indeed! Mine is not as rainbowy as yours. I can definitely see it's the silver parts that are reflecting the holo look, the blue areas don't seem to contribute to that look. Something to consider, it's a personal preference and trade-off between the holo effect and greater contrast between background and monogram.

Reactions: Sparkle_Lux
Funny, I was just telling my friend today that the side trunk is growing on me too. It caught my eye in the Cruise 2024 show.

I feel the same. I tried cinching it, and swiftly uncinched it. It doesn't feel flexible enough to cinch easily.

Indeed! Mine is not as rainbowy as yours. I can definitely see it's the silver parts that are reflecting the holo look, the blue areas don't seem to contribute to that look. Something to consider, it's a personal preference and trade-off between the holo effect and greater contrast between background and monogram.
Ya and it’s a tough trade off!! I love the look of the blue. It’s actually a perfect neutral and will match with everything! However the more silvery holo look is so unique and fun. I feel like mine is somewhere in the middle. I’ve seen some that are so silver you can barely see the LV’s. I wouldn’t want that colorway I don’t think.

Reactions: Aliluvlv and Cleda