Mono Stephen: Pros/Cons...Modelling Pics?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all,

I *may* be getting a mono stephen in the very near future (remember...I always wanted a big bag...thought maybe the Ursula...but in the back of my mind I really like the Stephen).

So hit me gals & guys...pros & cons of this bag??????

My pros: Versatile...handheld/shoulder/messenger

Cons: So much vachetta!!!

Does anyone have any modelling pics? I am 5'5 and about a US sz. 6-8.

Do you think it's comparable in size to the Stratus GM?

I tried the Leopard Stephen on once in the store just for giggles....and LOVED it...but my memory isn't so great and this was awhile back!

2. I have a Mono Stephen and love it. It is a great bag. It fits a ton. I just recently used it again after a break (but now I am using my new speedy 35). The downsides: it is a heavy bag, IMO. But since you can use it with the shoulder strap, that helps. I find it heavy when I have it loaded, obviously though. The shoulder strap is not my favorite. It is bulky, I think it looks better without it. As a carry on, it is great with the strap. But I used mine as a daily purse. I found that I like my mono strap better for those times when I needed a strap, but most of the time, I use it without a strap.
    All in all, the stephen is one of my favorites!!!!

3. Thanks mcG!

Thanks for the link Traci!! I'll check those pics out!!!

I am really leaning toward it because of the strap....I don't have any bags I can wear messenger style!

4. [FONT=&quot]If you have a chance to get Stephen then do it, as it's sold out. I have three Stephens and love them all, although non have left the house yet. I am just so nervous they will get dinged or something. I am 5'1" and stephen looks just fine.
    [/FONT]

5. Thanks LV!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just bought and paid for him.....as soon as he gets here (probably early next week) I'll be posting pics!!!!!!!

6. I am 5'6 and Stephen fits perfect on me, certainly not a luggage bag like the pix suggested. Definitely get it while you have the chance, it's been long gone in the store. :yes:

7. you got him ,congrats. you need to add him to the stephen club.

8. Yeah twiggers!!!

9. i got both the mono stephen and polly for xmas, and the polly was my favorite and i didnt think i would have much use for stephen, however its now one of my favorite bags. i think its perfect for shopping because you can just throw the shoulder strap across your shoulder and you dont have to worry about needing more hands to carry everything ;) im 5-8 but small in size and it isnt big, esp if you carry a lot of stuff with you...make a statement :smile: