Mono Speedy or Rose Gucci Boston?

Dec 17, 2010
I have a speedy in ebene and I can only wear top handles because shoulder bags hurt my back. I want another bag and I came across this Rose Gucci Boston that looks awesome. (I've always wanted an all red bag.) The price is the same as a speedy. I'm not posting this is the Gucci forum because it's a ghost town over there. Gucci made a similar one last year in mauve and I haven't seen it at the outlets, maybe these bags don't go to the outlet? That is the only concern with Gucci, paying $800 and then down the road it's at the outlet for half that...

http://www.gucci.com/us/styles/193603FU49N6209#

Attachments

• 193603_FU49N_6209_001_web_full.jpg
    193603_FU49N_6209_001_web_full.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 455
Love the color! I haven't seen really any boston bags at the Gucci outlet near me, I guess since it's really hit or miss with what they have there. I say go for it!! My cousin bought a joy med boston bag a few years ago and still loves it to this day. She uses it quite often still. I love red so any red bag is always good! :P Go for it since you have a damier speedy already ;)

It is a great color! To be honest if I was ok with spend 2k+ I'd get a pomme alma MM, but I just don't want to spend that on a bag, even though I can. I wish the alma PM came in Pomme.

I'm kinda bummed because Gucci had a pre-season sale earlier this week and the bag was $680 instead of $770.

For the mauve Boston, do you mean the one that was more pink? I did see that at my outlet in Vacaville. I think it depends on which outlet you go to -- some get a better selection than others. I know your concern, though -- the crystal Boston just went to the outlets and it was only $309!!! I'm sad I missed that one.

That rose Boston is a gorgeous color, though -- I can't argue with you there!

For the mauve Boston, do you mean the one that was more pink? I did see that at my outlet in Vacaville. I think it depends on which outlet you go to -- some get a better selection than others. I know your concern, though -- the crystal Boston just went to the outlets and it was only $309!!! I'm sad I missed that one.

That rose Boston is a gorgeous color, though -- I can't argue with you there!
Was it this bag? If so, I'll be really upset! My dad lives in Vacaville and I definitely plan to visit that outlet before buying retail. The outlet in San Marcos, TX just had some Crystal Bostons but they are too plain for me. If I get a Gucci I want it in a unique color. I wonder why the Gucci thread doesn't get alot of traffic?

Attachments

• gucci joy boston med metalic mauve 2380-7.4.jpg
    gucci joy boston med metalic mauve 2380-7.4.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 877
Was it this bag? If so, I'll be really upset! My dad lives in Vacaville and I definitely plan to visit that outlet before buying retail. The outlet in San Marcos, TX just had some Crystal Bostons but they are too plain for me. If I get a Gucci I want it in a unique color. I wonder why the Gucci thread doesn't get alot of traffic?

No, I believe the ones that were at the outlet were the brown striped ones, not the pic you posted. People post pics of what goes to the outlets in the deals/outlets thread.

BTW I really love the Vacaville outlet. They have a lot of great merchandise.

No, I believe the ones that were at the outlet were the brown striped ones, not the pic you posted. People post pics of what goes to the outlets in the deals/outlets thread.

BTW I really love the Vacaville outlet. They have a lot of great merchandise.
Whew! Yeah most of the items it that thread are the regular fabric bags and crystal items. For me that's a good sign, it means that the imprime bags don't go to the outlets. It might actually be worth paying retail for...

But then I won't have any LV mono bags...decisions, decisions.

Whew! Yeah most of the items it that thread are the regular fabric bags and crystal items. For me that's a good sign, it means that the imprime bags don't go to the outlets. It might actually be worth paying retail for...

But then I won't have any LV mono bags...decisions, decisions.

I've been to the vacaville outlets and they usually have browns and black colored bags, I think the only colored bags I've ever really seen there were a lilac and plum color in the past. If you really love the color, then I say go for it. There will always be plenty mono to choose from, might even find a preloved speedy in really good condition. The biggest thing is you're not going to be entirely sure that that particular bag will be in the outlets or marked down in the future, so it's a decision to take the plunge now or hope for the best later. :smile: Good luck in your decision.

I do think the Speedy has a bit of an edge in the design. I like how the upper portion looks a bit tragular from the side.

I see that you already have the ebene speedy, but how about the Speedy with shoulder straps? It offers you the option to carry cross-body, which does not exert as much tension on your back.

The Gucci ones, on the other hand, offers you more option in color. Also, the material of the bags you are showing looks classy and sturdy. I love the gucci monogram, but I always think that boston is not the best design to show off this pattern. Something about the two is not really compatible...