Mono Speedy 35 - A Little Sag...Not Too Much, Not Too Little...

jchiara

is really in love...
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
I've decided to hang onto my Speedy 35 after much deliberating. However, I'm having just a sag question. I decided that I don't like the base shaper that I have. I don't like it because it's completely stiff and makes a like a ridge on the side of the bag as well. I don't know - it was like a weird flat bottom. No likie...and made the bag seem quite unwieldy frankly.....
So then I took it out and put a few things and found that it sagged too much. I know some don't think there's such a thing as 'too much sag' but it didn't look so good.
So took that out. And put in a Cooking Light magazine and JUST RIGHT! It kept the shape of the bottom with just the slightest bit of sag.....it really was nice! But I don't want a Cooking Light Magazine on the bottom of my purse with fraying weird pages!

Does anyone have a nice light-weight idea for a 'light' sag? Something that won't make my bag look like a stiff piece of luggage or a floppy mess? I'm not crafty, I don't own a sewing machine....should I get like a manila folder maybe? Yuck. A .99 folder in my $700 bag......but what else can I do? Ideas?

TIA!!!!

I have found I dont care for a lot of sag but dont like the structured look either. I decided with my miniline to put a mag(ok/gossip ) on the bottom. I cut it down so it was just a tad narrower then the bag and it worked perfect. I also covered it with some odd material I had laying around. Now it just sits perfect on the bottom and done lift.

I've decided to hang onto my Speedy 35 after much deliberating. However, I'm having just a sag question. I decided that I don't like the base shaper that I have. I don't like it because it's completely stiff and makes a like a ridge on the side of the bag as well. I don't know - it was like a weird flat bottom. No likie...and made the bag seem quite unwieldy frankly.....
So then I took it out and put a few things and found that it sagged too much. I know some don't think there's such a thing as 'too much sag' but it didn't look so good.
So took that out. And put in a Cooking Light magazine and JUST RIGHT! It kept the shape of the bottom with just the slightest bit of sag.....it really was nice! But I don't want a Cooking Light Magazine on the bottom of my purse with fraying weird pages!

Does anyone have a nice light-weight idea for a 'light' sag? Something that won't make my bag look like a stiff piece of luggage or a floppy mess? I'm not crafty, I don't own a sewing machine....should I get like a manila folder maybe? Yuck. A .99 folder in my $700 bag......but what else can I do? Ideas?

TIA!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5957.jpg
    IMG_5957.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_5958.jpg
    IMG_5958.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5959.jpg
    IMG_5959.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5960.jpg
    IMG_5960.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 74
I have the pursebrite and when my bag is full with my things, it just sags a little, not too much, not too little, just nice. But I have a 30..
or
Maybe you could use a nice thin cardboard? You can buy pretty decorated ones in hobbyshops or warehouses...

Does that hippiegal purse organizer allow it to sag a bit? I had a purseket in my 25, but with the 25 not really having too much of a sag issue, I couldn't tell......
Anyone with a hippiegal organizer? I rather like the way that it 'stitches' into the top part of the bag. I know that even the jumbo purseket won't fit all that great into a 35 either (too small)......

And I've never heard of 'pursebrite'. I have to look into that!