Mono speedy 30 or 35? Help!

PennyL

Jul 24, 2007
Hi!

In about a month (end of june.. little more than a month but i'm optimistic haha:lol:) i'm going to get my first Louis Vuitton! :biggrin: I worked my ass off for it (3 years of pondering wether or not i would spend it on a bag.. i'm from the netherlands.. we're really down-to-earth when it comes to expensive bags haha)

but now i still don't know if i should go for the speedy 30 or 35.. The most bags i have are pretty big..(i keep everything with me :shame:smile: but i'm kinda small and i want my first LV to be juuuust right :biggrin: (basically i'm scared the 35 will look more like a weekender or something on me)

(I'm 5.6/ 1.69)

(Btw i'm new, my name is sabrina , almost 20.. and in serious loveeee with all of your bags:love: )

could you keep me advice and maybe show pictures of you and your speedy 30/35?

thanks in advance :heart:

The Speedy 30 would be great for your height. The Speedy 25 is smaller; unless you're looking for a much smaller bag.

No no ever since my bag got stolen in Barcelona i carry everything around in my bag and keep my bag as closest as possible. (With a small bag i'm more likely to put it on a table beside me and that's how it got stolen last time :Push: lol)

thank you!
of course i'm going to check in the store also but you guys are the pro's so i thought i would check with you first :smile:

When I purchased my first Speedy I thought I wanted the 40 but when I held it up in front of me at the store I thought it was a little too large and the 30 was just a bit too small but the 35 was perfect. I am 5'6" also and it is not too big, but I never carry a small handbag, I love to keep all of my necessities with me. :smile:

Here are some comparison pics of my mono 35 and Damier 30. I hope they help!
:yes:

speedy2.jpg

speedy.jpg

Oh good grief. You've gotta be kidding! And I mean that in the BEST MOST LOVING WAY!!! :lol: Have you not done a search on my turmoil and strife not earlier last week about this exact same problem???? Oy.....;)

I'll tell ya - and I don't think this is going to be any help...but I'll make it SHORT:

Went to LV - bought Mono 35. Debated about 30 vs. 35.....but brought home 35.

Thought for two days - damn she's big. Went back to LV - exchanged Mono 35 for Mono 30.

Sitting now for one week. I love my 30. Damn I miss that 35. Crap - what can I do? How foolish would it be to have both? Not only both but I have a vintage French Co. Mono Speedy 25! I'd open my open Mono Speedy store in all 3 sizes (no way on the 40 for me)....

So as I sit here tonight knowing there's the increase coming, I called my SA and said I'm so EMBARRASSED to come back again but ("hey Joelle! How's it goin'? :wtf:) what did he think about exchanging the Mono 30 for a Damier Ebene 30 and then getting the Mono 35. "Good one!" he says (of course he does - I'm the customer.....:rolleyes:).....

but I FEEL FOR YOUR CONFUSION. I've everyone around me within a 10 mile radius that's not online CRAZY with this....and I'm sure I've made my internet friends a little sick of me as well......

Did this help? Probably not....BUT what I did do is post the difference between the two ON ME. I'm 5'4" and curvy. I got the gambit when I posted "what should I do?" You will never get one answer, you will get every differing opinion and a million reasons 'why' on all these points......and my hubby stands here while I'm deciding between Mono and Damier going "gee that's no help is it?" :crybaby:

Please please please keep ME posted. Maybe you can help me make up my mind....and by the way DAWN - it was YOUR picture that made me decision to do this swap/switch thing tomorrow.....beautiful pictures.......

I'm subscribing to this thread for all the excitement and insight!!! :supacool:

30 - me in blue pants
35 - me in camo pants

Attachments

• MeMono30.jpg
    MeMono30.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 3,176
  • MeMono35.jpg
    MeMono35.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 2,912
I have the 30 in mono and azur and am thinking of getting the 35 because of the commonality of the 30. But today, I realize I actually bump into a lot of things when I carry my 30 and if I got the 35 I might be knocking things down. Plus, I already lug around a lot of stuff and am afraid the 35 would just enable me to lug even MORE stuff around. I'm 5'3 and about 135 lbs. I think I am going to stick with the 30.

I'm 5'5", 125 lbs and have the 35 and I love it, as Sweet Purple said, where I live everyone has a 25 or 30 so its a little different and has that great oversized look that I love. Plus, I too,schlep my entire life with me and there's still plenty of room to spare!

Yes, and in addition to my earlier post I agree here with those that have said the 25s and 30s are more popular.....which makes ME want the 35 even more.
In fact, when I got the 30, the SA said "this is the most popular size..." :cursing: I don't like being like everyone else!!!