Mono Rivet's 1st Day in the World

EmilyK

Somewhat in control
Jan 7, 2007
Ok, gang... update!

I got my Rivets yesterday and today was her first day out in the world!

---Carrying her in the "crook" of my arm was rather painful because the straps are so rigid and not broken in yet. Also, I'm in Hawaii and wearing a tank top, so it was rubbing against my skin. Now I have some red marks on my arm, ouchie! :crybaby: So, I'm looking forward to the straps getting broken in.

---There might be some shoulder bag action in the future. I put her on my shoulder (not thinking... that's just what I do with bags) and it wasn't terrible. As she gets broken in, it might be feasible... we'll see.

---I'm being careful, trying to keep her clean! I think this is great, because I'm washing my hands more, and that's a good way to not get sick! :graucho:

---She is super noticeable, which is kind of cool. I think even men notice it, which is... interesting. :rolleyes:

So, all in all, a good first day for my new baby.

Unfortunately, I'm already thinking of my next bag. And 4-key holder!

ya I know what you mean by the straps....my BH was like that when I first bought it, but don`t worry, you`ll break em in in no time! lol However, right now to prevent more scratches or reddening, maybe wear a thick strapped tank top or a small T-shirt ;)
btw, you look gorgeous in those pix :biggrin:

ya I know what you mean by the straps....my BH was like that when I first bought it, but don`t worry, you`ll break em in in no time! lol However, right now to prevent more scratches or reddening, maybe wear a thick strapped tank top or a small T-shirt ;)
btw, you look gorgeous in those pix :biggrin:

Ooh, good to know your BH was like that! Thanks!

It doesn't really hurt when I'm carrying it, but I glanced down and was like - WTF happened to my arm!? I'm really pale and my arms are kind of thin, so the veins also show a bit. I swear it looks like I was A) cutting myself or B) trying to shoot up or something. :Push:

I love the look of this bag! I'm glad you can carry it on your shoulder. I think I saw a picture of Scarlet Johannson carrying one on her shoulder too. Once the straps get broken in, you'll fall more in love! Congrats, again!!

I love the look of this bag! I'm glad you can carry it on your shoulder. I think I saw a picture of Scarlet Johannson carrying one on her shoulder too. Once the straps get broken in, you'll fall more in love! Congrats, again!!

:yes: I'm SOOO looking forward to breaking her in and getting some patina. I've never looked forward to patina before (I like the pale look), but I think it's going to look pretty!

I LOVE it!!! Looks hot on you and such a unique looking bag. I love the size of it too. I say it's a keeper. Enjoy her - some bags take some getting used to. It took me a while to get used to my speedy...I have never owned a handheld bag before - now I love it. Congrats!

congrats! thanks for the update!

haha..I laughed at the part where your bag makes you wash your hands more! haha...everyone should have a Louis Vuitton to be more hypoallergenic! ahha..

congrats! thanks for the update!

haha..I laughed at the part where your bag makes you wash your hands more! haha...everyone should have a Louis Vuitton to be more hypoallergenic! ahha..

SO TRUE! You guys have also maked me stop setting my LVs on the ground EVER. If I go to a fancy restaurant and they give us to a table with two seats, I'm either going to ask for an extra chair for my bag or put her on the table! LOL (they will think I'm crazy unless they own LV too)

ok kinky--you need to buck up! no one said this making a fashion statement stuff was gonna be easy--you need to represent! :P
j/k--hope the bag breaks in and is as easy on your arm as it is on the eyes!:love:

ok kinky--you need to buck up! no one said this making a fashion statement stuff was gonna be easy--you need to represent! :P
j/k--hope the bag breaks in and is as easy on your arm as it is on the eyes!:love:

You guys have GOT to start calling me Emily. I feel like a freak or an adult film star...! LOL... Oh well, I guess we're (mostly) all grown ups here. :P