Mono Papillon 30 w/mini

MissDiverse

Mar 3, 2011
Early this morning, I ordered the Monogram Pap 30 w/mini because I wanted a decent sized bag, but I believe the Speedy is just not my style. I've heard in alot of forums that the mono is tacky, and I was also contemplating buying it in a beige vernis, and am almost regretting ordering the mono.
I'm just wondering about opinions on the bag, I don't like second-guessing myself. I think the Pap is gorgeous, and I think the classic mono is very... classic! And I think it would look gorgeous with what I wear (alot of nude colours, and black). And since there aren't many posts on the pap as most of them are about the speedy and the alma, I'm wondering how my fellow tpf'ers feel about this bag?
Thanks in advance!

I have this bag. It was a christmas present but i have to say i do not wear this bag often. It is not because i do not like it but simply cos i have other bags and i am scared of the leather turning black. Anyway if u like it buy buy buy.

I love the mini and have used it on nights out. I also have the mini in damier and i always get compliments on how cute they are whenever i use them.

Good luck n yes it is a classic.

I have this bag. It was a christmas present but i have to say i do not wear this bag often. It is not because i do not like it but simply cos i have other bags and i am scared of the leather turning black. Anyway if u like it buy buy buy.

I love the mini and have used it on nights out. I also have the mini in damier and i always get compliments on how cute they are whenever i use them.

Good luck n yes it is a classic.

Thanks. :smile: I plan on putting a water/dirtproof seal on the leather once it has reached the desired lvl of patina... maybe I'll get a beige vernis for my nexty purchase...:thinking:

I have the damier ebene, which is a great carefree option, I get soooo many compliments on it. More on that bag than any of my speedies because its more unique. Did you order it used, because if it has already patina'd there isn't too much to worry about :smile:

GL with your decision!

The bag is not my style but please don't second guess yourself. You're going to be carrying the bag and if you love it, get it and enjoy it. Same thing goes for the mono canvas. You'll find people who love it and people who hate it. I'm not a fan of the ebene canvas much anymore but there are tons of people who love it. Something for everyone. Just trust your gut and go with what makes your heart smile and you'll be fine :smile:

I think this is a nice bag, it is not my favorite but I wouldnt mind having it in my closet. I like how it is unique and classy. Dont 2nd guess yourself, if you love it you love it.

I think it's a very cute bag. I've given it thought for myself from time to time. I love mono, I have a couple of Damier pieces, and they're great, but when I think of LV, I always think of mono.

My SA was showing me one and she's very impressed with the way it's made. She said some of the older models like th Pap have more attention to detail with the leather lining etc.

I didn't buy, but it did look like it holds a good amount. I liked it in the Damier, but I'm a damier girl.

I own the damier pap and the red epi soufflot and yellow epi soufflot which have similar shape as the pap.

I love the red interior on my damier pap.

I dont carry my pap and soufflot as much as my other bags simply because I currently prefer shoulder bags. But if I needed a nice little bag for an evening out, the pap/soufflot would be perfect and classy.

I have the Damier pap 30 and like Amstevens, I get more compliments on it than my speedies. This is also my family's favorite bag. I guess it's the unique shape.
Pros for me: fits quite a bit (Prada make up case, sunglasses, agenda, ZCP, cles, cell phone with room for more) It is not too deep like the speedies so stuff is easier to find.
In Damier, it is worry free as well.
Cons: Sometimes, the bag has to be balanced, depending on how the contents are placed inside.

With mono being "tacky", I think you'll find a range of opinions on this. I used to not like it but after buying my mono speedy, I love it just as much as damier, if not more sometimes.
Just go with your gut feel. Good luck!

Mono's definitely more well-known, but if you prefer it, then don't second-guess yourself; you've made the right decision! I have two paps, watercolour and damier, and love them both though I save them mostly for evenings (they're a smidge too small to hold all the junk I carry around daily). The pap can fit quite a lot in it, though... just I carry too much. :biggrin:

I've seen the beige bedfords around and I've been tempted, but the thought of colour transfer scares me off. Messy vachetta is the bane of my existence as is, and adding the threat of colour transfer to that... ugh, I'd be a wreck! I definitely think you've made the right decision.

You've made me want to pull out one of my paps now!

pap 30 in damier is my first LV years ago!!
anyway, its a great bag... can fit a lot of things and its easy to maintain..

i haven't been using the mini at all though.. find that its too small for phone... what did u all used it for? maybe can give me some ideas so that i can put mine into use...