Mono Papillon 30 v. Damier Papillon 30

Mono Papillon 30 v. Damier Papillon 30?

• LV Monogram Papillon 30

• LV Damier Papillon 30

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've seen both bags in person -- and the one in Damier Canvas is much more nicer and not so common. Another plus for me is the fact that it's low maintenance as I don't have to worry every time I carry the bag with me. Even the SA recommended the DC vs. the MC :smile:

I actually bought it already and later have it exchanged for another LV bag, as I realized I need something bigger....:smile:

I still plan to get the Papillon 30 in DC, one of these days though :smile:

Funnily enough, I've been having the exact same thoughts in regard to the 26.(The 30 was a touch too big for me. I'm really trying to get away from carrying all my usual junk about with me :biggrin: ) I actually went into the store with the intention of buying the mono 26, and they didn't have any, so they brought out the Damier, and I carried it, liked it, but at the time, couldn't make up my mind. Since then, I've been kicking myself, as it would seem that there may be an opinion that the Damier is harder wearing than the Mono, there is the benefit of the dark leather handles (I love the light colour leather, but it makes me not carry my bags, MC/Vernis, as I'm stupid about not marking the handles!!) and as time goes by, I really think I'm loving the Damier more, as I rarely see people carrying it.

So, after all that, my vote went with the Damier! :biggrin:

Enjoy!

K

You mentioned a price rise? Is it usually this time of year, as I was holding out till the end of March, as I was going to pick one up when I was in Venice? Worth getting one before that to avoid the price hike?

Kathleen37 said:
You mentioned a price rise? Is it usually this time of year, as I was holding out till the end of March, as I was going to pick one up when I was in Venice? Worth getting one before that to avoid the price hike?

I heard they might raise their price near end of Feb or beginning of March but don't quote me on it. ;)

I know you've made up your mind pretty much. I also vote for the Damier. I recently purchased a Damier Papillon 26 to hold me over til the Damier Speedy comes out (a neverending saga w/ me) and love it! I alternate between that and a new black bag that I just bought but am very satisfied. It's verrry low maintenance and I don't have to worry about scuffing or marking up the handles or bad weather even. I don't think it's very common either as I don't see a lot of people carrying them where I live.

Ok, I JUST got back from SCP and I got my first LV!!! Yay... It was very crowded there and looks like alot of people knew about the price hike coming up.

So... I got the damier papillon 30 and the monogram mini sac because I still want to have a monogram in my collection. :amuse: I also bought a red mini monogram anne sophie (engraved w/ her initials) for my baby cousin's HS graduation in June. Yes, I know it's kind of early to buy her that gift but I'll do anything before the price hike... anything!!! :lol: I also made the SA go thru her stock to make sure my bags are Made in France but not in USA. :P

Well, unfortunately I can't post photos right now because bf is holding them hostage. He won't let me have it until after V-Day so stay tune... I'll post photos within a week k? Thanks everyone for helping me make my decision!!! :nuts:

And Cristina... we're TWINS again! ;)

UPDATE: The SA said the price hike starts 2/21 and the damier speedy is coming out this Fall (~July maybe) and according to her computer, it's going to cost $685 or $689 I forgot.