Mono or Damier Ebene?

I used to love monogram more still do but recently leaning more towards Damier Ebene because of worry free leather. Do some of you feel the same way?
For me it's all about diversity. I still love mono but have been incorporating more DE into my collection because I love the print and it's more subtle, I'm also slowly adding DA for the summer and to add some nice contrast. A healthy purse collection should be like a fine meal: balanced yet complex and bold, seasoned with history and memories.

For me it's all about diversity. I still love mono but have been incorporating more DE into my collection because I love the print and it's more subtle, I'm also slowly adding DA for the summer and to add some nice contrast. A healthy purse collection should be like a fine meal: balanced yet complex and bold, seasoned with history and memories.
I like the DA also but i heard that with time that the canvas can change color is that true?

I like the DA also but i heard that with time that the canvas can change color is that true?
It can, especially if exposed to a lot of bright sunlight over time or cigarette smoke. There's also the possibility of color transfer, but that's just part and parcel of having such a light-colored canvas; for the majority of DA owners they have a lot of success with their items and love using them for spring and summer. If it's a print you're considering then try something smaller, such as a Cles, to see if it works for you.

Feel the same way . I think my next purchases will all be in Damier Ebene. Still debating. LOVE them all . =)
Honestly, it's been a long time since I carried my Mono and Azur. Maybe I'll try to carry my Mono this summer. But if I were to get another LV, I'd get another Damier as well. I've already gotten a Cles and a Mini pochette in Damier since then so I'm good for now.

Reactions: babygirlloveLV
I feel the same way too!!! I love my monogram collection!! Just when I heard the news that eva clutch will be discontinued, I'm debating if I should get the damier ebene. I already have it in monogram. Now , do I need same style bag again.... lol :facepalm: when it's winter, i want to use damier ebene. When it's summer, it's damier azure. Then fall to summer, it's monogram. :biggrin:

I've got mostly monogram items, and two Damier azur bags. But I am very excited to soon be getting my first Damier ebene bag! Like someone else has said previously I will probably use the Damier ebene bag during autumn / winter, the monogram during autumn / winter / spring and maybe in the summer depending what I am wearing. And finally the Damier azur when I go on holiday and during the spring and summer.

I'm so excited that the Damier ebene bag I will be getting will be with the rose ballerine lining too as with my other bags I have stuck with the traditional beige linings. Xxx

Reactions: babygirlloveLV
I feel the same way too!!! I love my monogram collection!! Just when I heard the news that eva clutch will be discontinued, I'm debating if I should get the damier ebene. I already have it in monogram. Now , do I need same style bag again.... lol :facepalm: when it's winter, i want to use damier ebene. When it's summer, it's damier azure. Then fall to summer, it's monogram. :biggrin:
Agree, gotta have them all for all seasons. lol =)

Reactions: girlsweetyyy
Damier Ebene is my favorite! Planning on buying my first Louis this summer when I go to St. Thomas. I'm thinking about getting the Damier Neverfull, but I've seen a lot of posts on this forum and on the internet in general about the straps/handles wearing out quickly and cracking. Is this true?? I like the print better than the mono but would hate to get it and have it start falling apart...

Damier Ebene is my favorite! Planning on buying my first Louis this summer when I go to St. Thomas. I'm thinking about getting the Damier Neverfull, but I've seen a lot of posts on this forum and on the internet in general about the straps/handles wearing out quickly and cracking. Is this true?? I like the print better than the mono but would hate to get it and have it start falling apart...
Don't know, the only damier ebene I have so far is the pochette accessoires NM. My speedy 25 and my Eva clutch is monogram.