Mono Mini Josephine....is it wearable or dated?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Feb 18, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
    I have a Mono Mini Josephine in beige, purchased when they were first released. My very first LV! However, since expanding my collection ;) my MJ has been relegated to the shelf as the fabric exterior seems very high maintenance for daily use. Got her out today for the first time in ages and fell in love all over again! It really is a cute bag! Would like to start using the MJ again but just wondering what you guys think? Is this style too dated to use at the moment? Or has it crossed the line into vintage LV chic? :graucho: What do you think?

Thanks as always!

2. I've always loved that bag and if I had it I would wear it. I don't think it is dated at all especially in the yummy beige color. :biggrin:

3. I wonder the same thing about my first LV which was the Looping MM. Sometimes I think it is classic then other times I wonder if it looks dated. Can you show us a modeling pic with your Josephine? I don't know this bag but it would help to see it on you and then I can give you my opinion.

4. I still rock my mono mini Alma. I get compliments every time I use her. It's still one of my favorites.

5. I have a couple of different colours of Josephine. It is a great bag. I love how it open wide enough so that the zipper doesn't bother me getting stuff in and out. (Even when it is on your arm.) The pattern is subtle. I don't think it is dated. That is the beauty of LV... it is classic. :smile:

6. I have this bag in khaki. It always gets compliments from people I don't know. I think it is still in style.

7. I love that bag, it's so cute! I would wear it, if I have it!

8. Definately wearable!! That bag is cute!!!!

9. Still wearable. I think it is classically styled. However if this bag were part of my collection I don't think I would carry it because it is not a favorite of mine. But if you love it then by all means carry it!

10. I always thinking about picking one up on th bay, but never have. It isn't necc at the top of my wishlist, but would carry one if I had it. I am glad you fell in love with it all over again.

11. It's not one of my favorites to be honest. I probably wouldn't wear it, so I agree with Designing Style, but if you love it - go for it. I don't really think many of the bags are dated except for the multicolor pieces and some of the really trendy pieces.

12. I think that it's very cute and not dated at all. Definitely wear it.... :biggrin:

13. If any LV looks dated - then we are in big trouble here!!
    MMJ I think still looks great!

14. I still own the Josephine in the Cerise Red. I still love it and like the way it opens wide to get my belongings. Definitely a keeper.

15. LVs are never dated. They go from currents to classics, there is no gray area in my opinion. If anything, it says that, oh yeah, i have this bag cause i've been in the LV-club for longer then anyone here ;)