Mono marelle backpack

Feb 13, 2006
Hi,
I was wondering what you ladies think of the marelle backpack, like the one shown here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-LOUIS...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

I'm pretty new to LV, so far I just have the speedy and am looking for something kind of different (I am also looking at the noe for my next purchase). I think it's cute, but does it hold a good amount? And does it look good worn as a backpack and also a shoulder bag? Please excuse my ignorance, I have looked through many of the posts and haven't seen this bag discussed much. I would really appreciate your input! Thanks! :smile:

Hi! If you're looking for something that holds an amount similar to what you put into your speedy, then the marelle backpack would not be big enough. Of course, the marelle holds much more than a pochette does, and it's a good medium-sized bag.
I don't know the EXACT dimensions of the marelle backpack but I think they are approximately 12x8.75x2.5 inches.

As for whether it looks good worn as a backpack or a shoulder bag, one really has to try it on at the store to see how it looks on you.

Hope I've answered your questions!

I think the Marielle line looks really cute, but really impractical.

1. If you set it down on a floor those vachetta straps will always be touching dirty floor.
2. There's two options to carry it: backpack style, or handheld so no over the shoulder
3. Everytime you wanted something out of it you'd be unbuckling and buckling twice. Which seems like it'd get tiresome

It's an adorable shape, but maybe Musette or Battignolles Vertical or Popincort Haut since you mentioned you might want an over-the-shoulder option?

Even if you get it, I'll be jealous. It just looks so cute! :biggrin: