Mono/Damier HUGE desition ladies.... New Speedy 35 vs. Neverfull...

Serina

Handbags and Horses
Jul 4, 2009
OK... I need some serious help. Now Ive come into some money (that I should spend on something else but nm...) Enabling me to but a new LV. The second!

So: I used to be really obscessed with the red vintage interior of the NF. But lately I read some bad reviews on the straps and I just dont know... Also I sometimes feel like the NF straps look very thin on souch a big bag... Like it doesnt "fit".
Id get the MM or GM. Also it rains a lot here and I dont like how you cant close it all the way.I do however love that its a shoulder bag! and that I dont have it.

So to the speedy: I have the mono 35 already, I love the size and everything about it but the vach bothers me a bit (again; it rains A LOT). So I figured: get my fav bag in a new canvas. Also I love the red interior and the brass against the ebene canvas.

Also I love the idea of going for a "collect them all" on the Speedys. (huge fan)

Now for some enabling and justifying:
1. Me and my sister decided to buy our own gifts from eachother this year: It was really fun when we did it last year. This means I can deduct 100$ off the bag, and she can be "in" on getting me this one.;) Which is fine by her.
2. My grandma gave me about 80$ for my birthday, I spent it... but my mom doesnt have to know.:graucho:
3. I already bought a christmasgift for my BFF this summer, so thats about 100$ I dont have to spend this year.
4. The eletric bill was 100$ lower than I expected this month.

Also Its the money I came into... so I can spin getting it now.

Help me decide, please.

Also: feel free to give me some extra reasons why I need a new bag.

Oh and the Speedy B has been under debate... but I prefer the classic speedy.

I vote for the speedy because you seem to really love everything about it. With the neverfull, you mentioned so many cons. I feel that you are more in love with the speedy so I would go for that ;)

The speedy is my fav.... but Ive never had a NF so I dont really dont know it in "action" Any of you have Nfs? pro's, con's? Is there a problem with the staps cracking?

The speedy is my fav.... but Ive never had a NF so I dont really dont know it in "action" Any of you have Nfs? pro's, con's? Is there a problem with the staps cracking?

I have both a Speedy and a Neverfull and I truly enjoy the NF more. Even though the straps look thin they're insanely comfortable to me, and have never made my shoulder hurt even when packed. My straps look brand new (except for the patina - I have a mono NF). Mine will be 1.5 years old this month and is used very heavily - not abused, but not totally babied either. I would try on the NF in the store, and see if they'll let you put your purse's clean contents into it (my store always lets me) and see how you feel. I always can make a decision much easier that way.

It's awesome you've come into some money recently (as have I! woohoo! :lol:) so maybe it'd be better to get a bag to diversify your collection...but if you truly love the Speedy you can't go wrong there, either! Speedy was my first that I bought for myself, and my NF was my second! Good luck & let us know what you decide!

I have both a Speedy and a Neverfull and I truly enjoy the NF more. Even though the straps look thin they're insanely comfortable to me, and have never made my shoulder hurt even when packed. My straps look brand new (except for the patina - I have a mono NF). Mine will be 1.5 years old this month and is used very heavily - not abused, but not totally babied either. I would try on the NF in the store, and see if they'll let you put your purse's clean contents into it (my store always lets me) and see how you feel. I always can make a decision much easier that way.

It's awesome you've come into some money recently (as have I! woohoo! :lol:) so maybe it'd be better to get a bag to diversify your collection...but if you truly love the Speedy you can't go wrong there, either! Speedy was my first that I bought for myself, and my NF was my second! Good luck & let us know what you decide!

Thats kind of the problem.... I cant try it on without a 6 hour travel (or else id just go down and try and see which on emakes my heart race)... lol. so... Ill have to just trust you girls and let LV ship it.

go for the speedy in ebene since you're a fan of the 'collect them all' idea. also, it'll be great for your rainy weather!

on the other hand...
i have the mono nf gm and the azur nf mm. i really love them both. the gm is a great size for travel. i'm using it today at work (i have a smaller handbag in it that i'll take when i step out for lunch, cosmetic bag, agenda, high heels in their bag to wear here at the office, carried my lunch bag in it). the nf mm holds a lot too but def looks more like a purse. both sizes are great! i don't know that i would get one in ebene because of the things i've read about the glazing 'peeling.' i love both of my neverfulls though. it probably doesn't rain nearly as much where i live so the vachetta thing isn't as big of a deal for me. so with my 2 neverfulls, i don't have any issues with the straps cracking since they're vachetta.

another thought...if you like the red interior of the nf, but don't wanna chance it with potential peeling of the straps, you could do a mon mono nf. you'd get to pick the color of the interior of the bag!

I have both bags and I prefer the NF! speedy is gorgeous but I like to have my arms free most of the time so NF is more functional and light. I do not wear much in my bags so the NF does not cut my shoulder.

Thats kind of the problem.... I cant try it on without a 6 hour travel (or else id just go down and try and see which on emakes my heart race)... lol. so... Ill have to just trust you girls and let LV ship it.

Oh dear that IS a dilemma! I've gotten spoiled having a few not very far from me. Hmm...I wish I could answer more of your questions! The other con I forgot to mention is that sometimes the NF being open-topped worries me, but I'm purchasing a zip-up purse organizer to protect my valuables. I've never had anything stolen from me but open vs. zipped is another thing to consider (theft, bad weather), although I don't want to confuse you more!

Oh dear that IS a dilemma! I've gotten spoiled having a few not very far from me. Hmm...I wish I could answer more of your questions! The other con I forgot to mention is that sometimes the NF being open-topped worries me, but I'm purchasing a zip-up purse organizer to protect my valuables. I've never had anything stolen from me but open vs. zipped is another thing to consider (theft, bad weather), although I don't want to confuse you more!

Yea.... The open top bothers me a bit too.... Moestly because of the rain... also Im very confused about the NF sizes... Im 168 cm tall... and a size XS.... I like big bags... but I dont want the bag to "drown" me.... And the 35 has never failed to keep all my stuff so far.

Yea.... The open top bothers me a bit too.... Moestly because of the rain... also Im very confused about the NF sizes... Im 168 cm tall... and a size XS.... I like big bags... but I dont want the bag to "drown" me.... And the 35 has never failed to keep all my stuff so far.

I'm 5'9" and also a size XS/S, and I love big bags but went for the MM when the boyfriend mentioned I could probably fit into the GM! However in the future I plan to buy GMs. The MM is great but I just love the bigger sizes! I have a Speedy 30, so I'm not sure exactly how much bigger the 35 is, but I think you could easily fit everything from the 35 into the MM too! I don't carry my NF in the rain but that's because of the vachetta.

I'm 5'9" and also a size XS/S, and I love big bags but went for the MM when the boyfriend mentioned I could probably fit into the GM! However in the future I plan to buy GMs. The MM is great but I just love the bigger sizes! I have a Speedy 30, so I'm not sure exactly how much bigger the 35 is, but I think you could easily fit everything from the 35 into the MM too! I don't carry my NF in the rain but that's because of the vachetta.

Exactly! I contemplated the 30 this time if I get the speedy... but I tried them both (30 + 35) when getting my first one, and was in no doubt that the 35 was right! So I think Im a 35 girl... also I love the slouch (which is rare according to posts about it on Pf) ;)
So The GM might be too big.... I think the main thing I love about it is the shoulder-bag-thing.... and the interior (the vintage LV-mark on the inside pucket)

Honastly... Im a big fan of Noe... so thats an option after the next speedy... and thats not available in damier... (only Special order)

Exactly! I contemplated the 30 this time if I get the speedy... but I tried them both (30 + 35) when getting my first one, and was in no doubt that the 35 was right! So I think Im a 35 girl... also I love the slouch (which is rare according to posts about it on Pf) ;)
So The GM might be too big.... I think the main thing I love about it is the shoulder-bag-thing.... and the interior (the vintage LV-mark on the inside pucket)

Honastly... Im a big fan of Noe... so thats an option after the next speedy... and thats not available in damier... (only Special order)

Are we separated at birth? The Noe is my birthday bag for next year!! I'm gonna get it in Azur though since I have yet to get a piece in that! :lol: