Mono canvas is flashy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LVpug

Jul 28, 2006
It is flashy and I hate attention but, dang it is so beautiful....I love the look...I love daimer too....there is something nice about a handbag with a historical pattern...love hate relationship...love the style just not the flashy aspect where people recognize the designer immediately...ohh well...

Reactions: carrie bagshaw
I own the epi alma ivoire....for everyday I tend to pull out one of my mono bags..I have vernis, daimer, denim and MC (my super flashy bag...LOL)...I always go back to the standard mono canvas though..it looks nice and goes with almost everything...I wish it was less popular or more discreet...like years ago..it is too mainstream and therefore recognized easily...

I don't find the mono very flashy at all. In fact, I think it is pretty subtle.
We were at a restaurant yesterday for lunch and some ladies came in for a birthday party. Two had Lv...one was a cabas piano and I didn't recognize the other, but it was a tote style mono bag. I don't think I would have noticed the bags except for the fact that I am ALWAYS out the LV lookout. :smile: The ladies were just so casual about carrying it. I hope that is how I look when I carry mine. :smile:

I find LV logos very very flashy but I still have them..Sigh!

If I buy epi or suhali, I now need to be very very sure and try to keep them because the resale value is very low. I sold 5 epi pieces and 1 suhali before at ridiculously low price hence I told myself, if I invest in an epi or suhali, it has to be a keeper. I am thinking very hard on the le maj and waiting to see the Mahina L.

p.s My beverly GM in black is so loud too...I thought my trouville was loud but wait till you see my beverly :biggrin:

Sigh - yes, the price we pay for highly-recognizable bags....I totally agree that it's known everywhere, but that mono is just so beautiful. I really do love it....

I agree that Monogram is flashly but oh so gorgeous and who can resist it? I guess I am not subtle and don't expect my bags to be either LOL! I know that I get attention when I carry LV but that comes with the territory right? Start with Epi and then when you feel comfortable with LV get a Monogram bag. ;)

Yes, Mono is flashy. You just have to decide if you're okay with that. I go back and forth-sometimes I love logo/designer and other times I don't want any logos on my stuff. Right now I'm kind of in the middle, I do both.

Yes, Mono is flashy. You just have to decide if you're okay with that. I go back and forth-sometimes I love logo/designer and other times I don't want any logos on my stuff. Right now I'm kind of in the middle, I do both.

Oh, ITA!!! But in the end..I do always come back to mono. So much class and history, how can one stay away for long?:shrugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.