Mono bag with DE strap - thoughts?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away five more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone

I currently use my mono pochette as a crossbody using a gold chain. I want to get a leather strap so its more low key but I'm hesitating over getting a vachetta strap because I don't want to worry about it getting caught in the rain and also it's more under the radar (not as 'bright').

Will this look ok or odd? Does anyone have any photos which could help me decide?

Thank you :welcome:

2. I have used my DE strap from my speedy B on my pochette accessories and it looks fine. It is bit wider than the strap you would buy, but the color looks fine because there is very little vachetta on the bag.

3. Someone posted this but I think it's not actually the real DE strap but the color seems the same. I dunno if you like it.

Attached Files:

4. I can't see why not since there's not a lot of vachetta to either try and match or to clash. For my Pochette Accessories I went to Mautto and picked up a few straps in different colours; for my mono I picked a dark burgundy and a dark navy to contrast the canvas and for my DE I went with red.
    http://www.mautto.com

This is the strap design I ordered; 30" length and gold hardware
    http://www.mautto.com/product/extra-petite-leather-strap-0-375-3-8in-wide-gold-or-nickel-16c-clasp-choose-length-color

5. Thank you for finding that pic for me

6. Happy to help :smile: maybe the DE strap is a little bit darker but no problem i guess.

7. I like it!

8. I use my mini pochette ( mono) with DE Eva strap

9. Oooooo do you have a photo?

10. it doesn't look bad at all. i have used my DE strap with my Mono Milla before. The long gold chain is not very comfortable when i'm wearing thin shirt or bare shoulder.

11. I'm thinking it could work! I only have a few LV bags and I'm on a ban for the forseeable future so I'm trying to think of creative ways of getting more use out of my current collection!

12. With my mini and de eva strap

Attached Files:

13. Looks good!!!

14. Only extreme purists might find it odd... The real world won't give it a second look!

15. This looks really great - thanks so much!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice