money can't buy everything

HiHeels

united
Apr 8, 2006
apparently, tobey maguire's super powers don't extend to hermes.
in the aug. vogue (us), jennifer meyer, daughter of the head of universal studios, and an independent jewelry designer, is described as "pregnant and engaged to tobey maguire at 29." there is a mini feature on her as a "superstylish designer." in discussing her style, she adds:

"My fiance gave me this black leather Hermes birkin bag that has this gold shooting star on it."

so a. he wasn't important enough for hermes to satisfy his demand for a black birkin asap for his betrothed, b. he was too impatient to wait for a bag to come in to the boutique, and c. she knows very little about Hermes and her particular bag.

Swanky Mama Of Three said:
I'm as ignorant as she is. . . I have NO idea what y'all are talking about! LOL!

Swanky- A shooting star symbol means that it was made by a craftsmen for personal use or for the craftsman's family. It cannot be refurbished/cleaned/fixed/serviced by Hermes.

of course i don't judge anyone for buying one any which way they can. but the woman said it, for print in vogue, without knowing the first thing about it. she said it like it's a pretty stencil on her bag. swanky, if you got a birkin, you would get yourself over to this board and post about it and ask us what is up with the shooting star. if she did know what it meant, she wouldn't have said anything about it.

HiHeels said:
apparently, tobey maguire's super powers don't extend to hermes.
in the aug. vogue (us), jennifer meyer, daughter of the head of universal studios, and an independent jewelry designer, is described as "pregnant and engaged to tobey maguire at 29." there is a mini feature on her as a "superstylish designer." in discussing her style, she adds:

"My fiance gave me this black leather Hermes birkin bag that has this gold shooting star on it."

so a. he wasn't important enough for hermes to satisfy his demand for a black birkin asap for his betrothed, b. he was too impatient to wait for a bag to come in to the boutique, and c. she knows very little about Hermes and her particular bag.
ha! that is funny!:lol: I'd say (a)! ( I have no idea who he is!)