Moncler Coats Wear Well?

chessmont

O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
How 'sturdy' are Moncler down coats? I hate the thought of spending $1000+ on a coat that I have to worry about catching on things or it ripping. I am talking just about daily wear, not some awful accident like a cigarette burn or slash from a very sharp object. Any thoughts? Thanks! I bought a bomber jacket but am debating whether or not to keep it.

chessmont - I find mine very durable for daily wear.

Shopmore - Moncler down jackets are really warm and comfortable IMHO. When I wear mine (and my Prada down jacket), I don't need to layer too much underneath.

oh, no. Do I need one of these now?:shame:

I think you do! I refrained from buying down jackets before as I refused to look like a marshmallow/Michelin woman LOL! However, having tried the Moncler and Prada ones, I've had a change of heart. Even at below freezing temperatures, my jackets keep me warm and toasty ... and with minimal layering underneath.

I have a Moncler down parka that I bought in 2001, and I still wear it. It's held up wonderfully.
It's black so it looks a little faded now, and I have a couple of newer parkas (one is a Prada -- so it seems Lavan and I are on the same wavelength), but I still love my Moncler and won't let it go. I only got the others for different styles or color.

My moncler is a year old now and its like new. I know the light orange/blue colours get a little dirty around the sleeves after a few years though. Black would be the best bet.